Crown King Snow Run 1/9/16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dimples

I owe my soul to the TRD store.
Threads
Going to run Crown King Saturday. Stop at The Mill at the end for food. Details to follow.

With snow levels down to <5000' you likely will not make it. The last canyon to CK is 6000'+

Pictured yesterday at 5500' I lost forward progress at about 6500'

IMG_1875.JPG

I am still going to try it. What the heck.

bring the camera! :bounce::bounce2:

I cannot wait to hear about it.

Hello, New to site. Is this run still happening? Crown King tomorrow?

If yes, meet up time and location?

Thanks

Sorry for the late (as usual) meeting plans. Meeting at McDonalds 3140 W Carefree Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85086 leaving at 9:00am. There is a Chevron in the same parking lot for fuel up ect.

Hitting the road. Stopping at Castle Hot Springs road to air down. Will be there to air down until about 9:45 or 10, for any late comers. Will be on CB channel 4

Made it to ck. No lockers or chains. Thanks for plowing the road for us Phil! A few hairy spots, but nothing terrible. Will post Picts and a video or two when. We get home. For now ...
image.jpeg

Interested in the full run report: #/type of vehicles, terrain, obstacles. Details, man!

Once upon a time a FJ80, a Tacoma, and a jeep went on a quest to find the Crown King.

Well if UH8MUD this was not the run for you. 80 percent of this trail is slick as snot clay mud. My 80 is getting a full detail today.

The first leg of the trail were easy going with the usual technical side runs. Then it got interesting from Silver Creek on. Lots of water from the melting snow. Up to 3 feet deep in places.

The show started as you are leaving the Creek, and was complicated by vehicles coming back down that were not up to the task. A stock height Suburban and a sand quad made the most trouble. Also had to dodge some dirt bikes that were parked a little too close to the trail for my liking.

Some new rock slides make the trail a bit narrow on the higher switch backs. I expect that with the run off new obstacles will be popping up more frequently.

A ragtag band if ever there was one:
Rons Phone 130.jpg

It's soupy:

Rons Phone 095.jpg

Some local wildlife ruffing it in nature:
Rons Phone 065.jpg

Sorry for the mud in the shots. Didn't want to stop to put snow on the window, because of the recent snow shortage.

Rons Phone 067.jpg

Every flake is sacred:

Rons Phone 071.jpg

With the newly exposed rock Tire damage is likely:

Rons Phone 001.jpg

Yes sir that was me.
I was in a group of three. I think you were parked next to my buddies 80 series at the mill restaurant in CK.
I was in my 5th gen 4Runner.

Did you guys get stuck behind those dirt bikes? Slowed us way down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom