Dissent offroad modular rear bumper. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

benc

Supporting Vendor
Threads
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Update 2-20-17
Bumper is in full production and current lead time is 8-12 weeks.
More swing out options are in the works and will be released soon.

(EDIT)
Here is the specs for the new dissent offroad modular rear bumper.
Please email or pm me with any questions or to place an order.

Bencalhoon86@gmail.com

Standard options.
1/2" recovery points,

Intagrated 2" receiver with 7 way plug and 2x2" crossmember.

Modular design which allow ajustment of the bumper to fit the body, also allows for 1 person instalation.

Drivers side (left) tire mount with high-lift bracket, swing arm utilizes a slam style latch with gas assist springs and intagrated paddle latch relese for easy one hand operation. Tire mount is fully ajustible, the tire can be run high, low, vertical or angled.

Bumper will include all hardware needed for instalation.

(Note) factory crossmember will need to be removed and replaced with new crossmember included in the bumper kit.
Price =$2400 + shipping ($220-275.)

Optional add ons.
Zinc primer and powder coat with color of choice $250.
(Local pickup only!)

Passenger side tire mount (right)
$75.
Not recommended due to visibility!

More options to come!
Accessories swing arm in development.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Bumper order/build list.
There are a couple guys that have already contacted me prior to starting the list so I will have to put them at the top of the list. Plus Manhattan will be doing a photo shoot with acc garage if I can get him the bumper soon enough[emoji4]

#1. Manhattan. *

#2. JBBunting. *

#3. stryder03. *

#4. Propane.

#5. ric3125. *

#6. Scott Makee. Out.

#7. EarthX.

#8. Desert100. Out.

#9. GRunner.

#10. Chford.

#11. UKaviator.

#12. Bushdoctor. *

#13. iHadmail. (DIY) *

#14. Joco.

#15. Jfrench. *

#16. RiverRat22 *

#17. Hoipolli

#18. Jcrider48. *

#19. Tomsryd. *

#20. Ramathorn15. *

#21. Hidesertwheelin. *

#22. Onealjc. *

#23. Droppn brass *

#24. savirc. *

#25. CruzerDave.

#26. MooseRDS. Out

#27. Juanblzer

#28. DirtDawg

#29. Sgdisco2

#30. aaronrules

#31. 04sport

#32. Reznunt

#33. Therealdutch. *

#34. Slaw ninja

#35. Bike n board cruiser. *

#36. Screendoor. *

#37. pbreisch. *
pbreisch

#38. LXColorado

#39. loganbrew.

(Edit)
I'm still waiting on emails with your contact info and build info.
Please include your forum name and number you are on the list. Thanks! If you don't see the * next to your name I have not received an email.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Saved

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Saved

Sent from my iPhone

Awesome!!! High clearance, rocker protection, class 3 hitch, recovery points, swing away tire carrier!

Some type of auxiliary reverse light option?

In line with your modularity philosophy, changeable swing outs, and the option to either remove them altogether or the ability to add swing outs to the non swing out version.

My ideal rear bumper:
  • bolt on
  • no x-member cutting required, although not a deal breaker if the below bullet point can be met
  • OEM tow hitch still usable (unless you can state/guarantee the bumper with hitch can tow 6500 or greater). many of us use our 100 for towing purposes and we do not want to give this up
  • swing outs that can be added when needed, meaning they are not on there all the time but can put on when going on a trip at the owners discretion

I realize that is a lot, which is why I haven't gotten one yet.

-a spare tire mount that DOESNT sit a mile away from truck (slee from the side has a 2 ft gap between tire and gate/hatch)

-an option for rocker panels that flow with the lines of truck for those who do more DD / over landing than rock crawling

-back up camera mount

-Center tire carrier option

My ideal rear bumper:
  • bolt on
  • no x-member cutting required, although not a deal breaker if the below bullet point can be met
  • OEM tow hitch still usable (unless you can state/guarantee the bumper with hitch can tow 6500 or greater). many of us use our 100 for towing purposes and we do not want to give this up
  • swing outs that can be added when needed, meaning they are not on there all the time but can put on when going on a trip at the owners discretion

I realize that is a lot, which is why I haven't gotten one yet.
This bumper will require the x member to be removed. I can not get the look or clearance I want with it in place.

The oem hitch would still be usable but would hang lower than the bumper.
I will have a integrated tow hitch that will be stronger than the factory hitch but it will not be rated. This would take way to much time and money! I have no doubt it will tow 6500 lbs but it will not be rated. And for legality reasons it will be sold as offroad only as is done with most aftermarket bumpers.

One of my main goals is to have a bumper that can be run with or without the swing outs and look good either way.
The plan as of now is to have a dual shear hinge that bolts on to the wings where they rap around the back. I will also likely have some kind of cover plate that bolts on when there are no swing out. I will also be looking into heavy duty slam style latches, similar to the tailgate latches but bigger. I'm not sure if I will be able to make them work but I'm going to try.
Thanks for the fead back!

Sent from my iPhone

-a spare tire mount that DOESNT sit a mile away from truck (slee from the side has a 2 ft gap between tire and gate/hatch)

-an option for rocker panels that flow with the lines of truck for those who do more DD / over landing than rock crawling

-back up camera mount

-Center tire carrier option
It will be as tight to the body as possible, this will require an adjustable tire rack to accommodate different size tires.

As apposed to what?
There are not to many body lines to follow on the rear bumper.

The factory back up camera? If so I will need to get my hands on one with the camera to fit it.

The center tire will most likely not be a production option but could be a custom option.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the first one I built for my rig, the center will change some and I will not use tube on the wings but you can get an idea of the look I'm going for.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452396763.984438.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452396843.190696.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452396897.748805.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452396956.466357.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

High clearance.
Tight to the body.
Integrated hitch.
Recovery points.
Integrate backup camera. (Ben, let me know if you need help with this)
Various swing mounts. (i.e. spare tire, gas can, cooler, ladder, etc.)
Option for backup lights.

High clearance.
Tight to the body.
Integrated hitch.
Recovery points.
Integrate backup camera. (Ben, let me know if you need help with this)
Various swing mounts. (i.e. spare tire, gas can, cooler, ladder, etc.)
Option for backup lights.
Thanks Nate! I was thinking of you when the backup cameras were mentioned, I will be giving you a call as I get closer.

I do plan to do all you mentioned, although it will take some time to get all the swing out options I want to do into production.

Backup lights are a must! I think my brake lights are brighter that my factory backup lights.

Sent from my iPhone

Any idea of a timeline? Any ball park figured on the cost of the bumper with no swingouts? I might be cancelling my BIOR order if this will go into production soon.

Any idea of a timeline? Any ball park figured on the cost of the bumper with no swingouts? I might be cancelling my BIOR order if this will go into production soon.
All I can say is I'm hopping to have it ready in the next month or two but it really all depends on the laser cutter.

Sent from my iPhone

Incredible bumper.

Side note:
Do you miss your 315's? That is a meaty spare.
Thanks!
Yes and no, I think my next size will be the bfg k02 34x12.5r18

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom