Starter Wiring: Where does the IGN START wire connect to the solenoid? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an unfamiliarly new Starter Motor that looks a bit different than the old one and unfortunately does not have any labels on it that I can see.

So my question is simply, Where does the IGN START wire connect to my specific starter solenoid? This wire....
IMG_7924_zpsiaf5scof.jpg

Where does it connect to this specific solenoid? Left or right (green wire) posts?

IMG_7922_zpskx1imtbc.jpg

FullSizeRender%2011_zpslznm73yj.jpg

Any advice would be truly appreciated!

God bless!

It goes on the spade lug. The pig tail is for the ballast resistor bypass wire.

Sorry, I'm a total rookie, especially when it comes to terminology here so just to make sure I am understanding you, by the "spade lug" do you mean the bare metal square with the hole in the center that is on the left side? And by pig tail do you mean the green wire on the right?

Also, do you think it is necessary to have a ballast resistor connected?

Thanks for your input!

Ok great! I appreciate your help!

The other guys in this thread that I posted are saying that the spade lug might be for the solenoid power cable, which I am also trying to find a place for, and that the pig tail is for the ign start wire. Obviously, what you just said would negate that theory but I didn't mention the red solenoid power wire in this thread so do you mind weighing in on that for me?

The problem is that I have actually connected the purple wire to the spade lug already and my starter motor is still not making any sound when I turn the key over, not even a "click". So I need to know if that solenoid power wire is necessary for the starter to work...

This is just a small section of the larger problem of me trying to get my engine to start. I have replaced a lot of parts with new ones and I'm not sure which part of my ignition circuit is out of whack...

Did you lose the instructions and wiring diagram that came with your wiring kit?

I imagine that the paperwork may have more details than what can be printed on a wire....:bang:

Did you lose the instructions and wiring diagram that came with your wiring kit?

I imagine that the paperwork may have more details than what can be printed on a wire....:bang:

Lol no! It doesn't have a wiring diagram for my specific starter motor or for my FJ, although I do have some wiring diagrams for my specific '65 which I am trying to follow. It's just not all very clear to me, being a rookie and all haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom