105s... how many out there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I'm playing with the idea of importing a 100 series. I've looked at the Japan market and there only seems to be 1HD-FTE and v8 versions but almost no 5 speeds and no solid front axles. So now I'm looking around and since I go to Saudi Arabia every year, I have access to the Middle East market.

How rare are the 105s in the GCC? I would absolutely love to know how to find one. Either a HZJ105 or FZJ105. I think the gas would make more sense as it would have twice the power.

Cheers!

-Nick

I'm sure it's possible to find in the UAE as there's a big import/export market for used vehicles, hopefully the saudi members can give some info on which area will have the bigger used car market and how common the 105 is there

I'm sure it's possible to find in the UAE as there's a big import/export market for used vehicles, hopefully the saudi members can give some info on which area will have the bigger used car market and how common the 105 is there

Interesting! Is there a good website to use to look up vehicles? Or is it more of a Wasta thing?

I use haraj to see what used vehicles are available in the KSA but I'm sure that would be a nightmare to actually buy a vehicle through.

Interesting! Is there a good website to use to look up vehicles? Or is it more of a Wasta thing?

I use haraj to see what used vehicles are available in the KSA but I'm sure that would be a nightmare to actually buy a vehicle through.

Some online sites, but you'll have limited choices as it's usually private sellers. In the used car market they usually get a huge variety of regional and imported vehicles so more of a chance of finding your rig.

New & Used Cars in Saudi Arabia | سيارات جديدة و مستعملة في السعودية
New | Used Cars for Sale | Cars Price in Saudi Arabia | Carmudi Saudi Arabia
Second Hand Vehicles & Used Cars for Sale in Saudi Arabia | OLX dubizzle Saudi Arabia

Checking off toyodiy it does not show the fzj105 as a gcc spec but the hzj105 is showing
Screenshot_2015-11-03-02-19-14.png

Some online sites, but you'll have limited choices as it's usually private sellers. In the used car market they usually get a huge variety of regional and imported vehicles so more of a chance of finding your rig.

New & Used Cars in Saudi Arabia | سيارات جديدة و مستعملة في السعودية
New | Used Cars for Sale | Cars Price in Saudi Arabia | Carmudi Saudi Arabia
Second Hand Vehicles & Used Cars for Sale in Saudi Arabia | OLX dubizzle Saudi Arabia

Checking off toyodiy it does not show the fzj105 as a gcc spec but the hzj105 is showing
View attachment 1156724

I can't believe I didn't look there first...

Damn, I was hoping FZJ105 would be GCC spec. Apparently only GEN and AUS.

25 year limitation for US import will be a problem too. The earliest 105 couldn't be brought to the US until 2023. Would be better to pull the front axle assembly if you can find one and transplant (if even possible).

-Geoff

25 year limitation for US import will be a problem too. The earliest 105 couldn't be brought to the US until 2023. Would be better to pull the front axle assembly if you can find one and transplant (if even possible).

-Geoff

I'm in Canada - 15 year rule. I can import 98, 99, 00 and depending how long it takes to find one, 01.

How often do you guys see these for sale? I could imagine that local sellers wouldn't know the difference between 105 and 100s...

I'm in Canada - 15 year rule. I can import 98, 99, 00 and depending how long it takes to find one, 01.

How often do you guys see these for sale? I could imagine that local sellers wouldn't know the difference between 105 and 100s...
I think they'll be more interested in 100's than 105's IF they're able to tell the difference. I might be going down to the used car market within the coming week if I do I'll look round and report back if i spot any 105s

I think they'll be more interested in 100's than 105's IF they're able to tell the difference. I might be going down to the used car market within the coming week if I do I'll look round and report back if i spot any 105s

Awesome thanks! Would love to know what kind of market there is... and if 105s come in GX-R trim instead of G.

I would imagine that they would be less desirable to locals as they are much slower and diesel is probably less common at local gas stations?

I've seen 105's around and, backing up the ToyoDIY research findings above, they have all been diesels. They've also all been manual tranny.

I have a guy up in Ras Al Khor (industrial area in Dubai) who has some for sale now and then. And he exports. Would you like his number?

I've seen 105's around and, backing up the ToyoDIY research findings above, they have all been diesels. They've also all been manual tranny.

I have a guy up in Ras Al Khor (industrial area in Dubai) who has some for sale now and then. And he exports. Would you like his number?

I would very much like the guy's number! Can he communicate through email as well? Sort of tough to call UAE phone numbers from Canada... $$

Thanks!!

Are these guys legit?

TOYOTA FROM DUBAI
I never rely on ones like this as you don't know what's in stock or not. Especially here you need to go down and personally inspect the vehicle. Too many stories of flood vehicles, total loss, stolen etc to have trust in people anymore

Maybe you can shoot them an email for thw exact spec cruiser you want and let them show you pics + forward vin number and ask if it's an import or gcc spec and if they have something you would consider I can go down and have a look over it for you as well

Maybe you can shoot them an email for thw exact spec cruiser you want and let them show you pics + forward vin number and ask if it's an import or gcc spec and if they have something you would consider I can go down and have a look over it for you as well

Wow thanks!! Really appreciate the offer.

I got ahold of Raj and he says that finding a 98-01 105 with under 200,000km is impossible. lol

Though he says he would keep me informed when get finds them and I can make a judgement call. I've seen 100s with over 500,000 km on them for sale in the middle east so I'm assuming 200-300 km isn't SO bad...

@gnarlynick2072 I've seen several 105's here in Jeddah. One is parked up near my office and I drive by it every day. A colleague of mine also had one and for nearly 3 years I'd make an offer to buy it every few months, sort of teasing him with low ball offers. It was a 2001 model, super clean, but he was asking for SR 60K. I just didn't think it was worth it as I already have a HZJ80. He ended up selling it.

But yes, they're around, and generally very well looked after.

Here is one I saw a few weeks ago.

@gnarlynick2072 I've seen several 105's here in Jeddah. One is parked up near my office and I drive by it every day. A colleague of mine also had one and for nearly 3 years I'd make an offer to buy it every few months, sort of teasing him with low ball offers. It was a 2001 model, super clean, but he was asking for SR 60K. I just didn't think it was worth it as I already have a HZJ80. He ended up selling it.

But yes, they're around, and generally very well looked after.

Here is one I saw a few weeks ago.

Now that is cool.

I remember you sent me an email a while back saying your friend was selling his 105. The price was really the kicking point for me as the truck had over 300,000 km.

Maybe you can do like people do with your 80 and leave a note on the hzj105 you drive by hahaha

I'm trying to find one with under 300k but I'd say my budget would probably max at SR50k. I know that is probably an impossible task as a lot of these guys will probably want every penny for these things. :(

My dad just got an fzj100 from a neighbor with 175,000 km for $8k US. Sweet deal I think and I'm tempted to import that one. Though a diesel is my preference.

@gnarlynick2072 $8k is an incredible price. Heck FJ40's are going for more than that here. Is it a manual?

As for dropping a note, I've got no room for another cruiser and the mrs will kill me in my sleep if she finds out I've got another one!

Plus I have a thing for running skinnies and the 105, with its wide body and 8" factory steelies would not be a good fit

@gnarlynick2072 $8k is an incredible price. Heck FJ40's are going for more than that here. Is it a manual?

As for dropping a note, I've got no room for another cruiser and the mrs will kill me in my sleep if she finds out I've got another one!

Plus I have a thing for running skinnies and the 105, with its wide body and 8" factory steelies would not be a good fit

Yup it's a manual. Superb condition as well. Swingout rear doors, sub tank, GX.R trim, the whole shebang. I am very tempted to import that and our friends fzj80 Vxr. By that point I'll probably have enough cruisers to drive someone crazy!

If you see any for sale I would love to know! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom