FJ55 | FJ56

Classifieds : Toyota 55-series / 56-series Land Cruiser

Filter by prefix:

Hi I am helping a first time cruiser head purchase a 55, he is 23 years old and had a toy 55 truck growing up that he had fond memories of and his dream has always been to own one, he is looking for a good solid starter truck with minimal rust and mostly original, I have a 2f and 5 speed that I would gladly give him if it needs a new heart! Please help this young man’s dream come true, he may be able to go to 20k for the right truck. Original patina ok! It’s more about a solid starting point. Let me know what you guys have, cash deal. Any year is ok.we can travel.
I am at the last few miles of my FJ40 project. It is time to think about the future. I have 2f engine (probably in working shape) and 3sd transmission/transfer case, that I can use for my next project. I thought to put it in FJ55... or sell/use it as parts..if fj55 will have the engine. I am looking for a PROJECT vehicle (ideally with a title, or proof of ownership if it pre 73). Price range: as low as possible ..$1- $2500 A mostly complete .. again, if possible (finding parts for fj55 will be challenging) Running or most likely no running for this price range With or without an engine/transmission. Body rust is welcome... but this depends on what is left .. and the asking price I can drive 5-10 hours to the west/souths/north on...
OK... I hesitate to put this out there because I am still on the front end of my FJ40 build. That being said, I am thinking about my next build being a FJ55 and they seem to be really hard to find at a reasonable price. It took me about 6 months to find my FJ40, so I am just putting this out there. If anyone knows of a FJ55 in the south east (GA, SC, Tenn, Ala, etc.) for a fair/good deal, let me know. I looking for something that is rough but mostly complete (probably not running and needs lots of work, rust is OK... like I said, a project). The cheaper the better ($500-$2000 range) I am still on the front end of my FJ40 build, so I am not in a hurry. However, if it is a good deal, I can grab it and hold on to it until I am finished...
I realize how hard, if not impossible, these are to find, but I'll put this out there anyway: I'm looking for a fj55 with as little rust as possible on the body and frame. Clean rocker and quarter panels would be ideal. A complete and relatively clean interior would also be nice but that's a lot to ask. It needs to have an engine in it, but it doesn't need to run. I'll be putting a new drivetrain in it, along with new axles and suspension, so I'd actually prefer if these were in rough shape to keep the price down. I'm looking in the $6-10k price range. I'm willing to drive anywhere in the US or Canada to get it. I've got a trailer to tow it. Thanks.
Hey all. I know what I’m looking for is not easily found! But if anyone has or knows of anyone with an iron pig body that is in reasonable shape I’d be interested. I inherited my father in laws that he has had for ever and that my wife grew up in. However there isn’t a single panel that I can’t put my arm through.
Been scouring the ads for month now looking for rig that would suit the wife and I without much luck. Prefer something with minimal rust (within reason). The wife really likes the 2 tone with green but open to other colors. Not looking for restomod but prefer as close to stock as possible. Also not really wanting a project as we already have some cruiser's to work on and I want the wife to be able to enjoy it more sooner then later (so she won't gripe about another project). Would love to use for camping with family along with the Troopy here in the mountains. Something I could use as daily driver would be great also. Budget around $20k Cheers Jon
I have a poorly running but great looking 1985 FJ60 sitting in my driveway that I've been trying to sort out since purchasing it this past October. I've come to realize that I am not a professional mechanic, and that this 60 should be in the hands of somebody who knows what they're doing. There's a lot of new OEM parts on it and a fresh alignment, it's just fouling spark plugs as soon as I put new (OEM) ones in. Runs and drives great for the first 1-2hr then fouls the plugs again and we're back to stage 1. I need a car to get around! Been checking out FJ55s and I'm hoping to find one that looks like crap but runs great that somebody is willing to trade with maybe some $$ on top for my truck. It could be a simple fix with mine, or not, I...
I have been searching for a clean body, original paint FJ55 for some time. I could care less if it runs, has been sitting for 30 years, ect... My only stipulation is that it is has its original patina paint and no rust issues. I would also love to keep original patina if I can find one nice enough. If not, I will do a full frame off on it. Budget. $3,000.00-$20,000.00 depending on the truck. A cream puff original paint truck would be awesome!
I have been monitoring mud/clist/ebay for a classic cruiser and seen a few but havent found the right one Against my better judgement I find myself drawn to the rarer, often more rusty 55s over the more readily available 40/60/70 series Located in San Diego Tampa FL - if your cruiser if able to be driven back to Tampa without it blowing up, then you are in my buying area :D Budget up to $20k (could go over as well) Looking for a weekend driver with good bones. Not looking for your incomplete project. Prefer original over modded / restored. Obviously at my budget not in the market for a top of the line restomod or perfect condition survivor. Pm or post links here, thanks!
I'm finally ready to buy the 55 I've been building in my head over the past 25 years. I'm looking for something that I can work on while using it at the same time. The body condition can be a range of just shy of needing a transplanted roof to only needing surface rust cleanup. Ideally I'm looking for the following years in order of preference. PTO winch is a big plus but definitely not a requirement. 1976 to 1977 1978+ 1975- The amount I will spend depends greatly on the condition of the 55 but anything over $6K will take some serious convincing for me to buy. I know I'm a newbie but I am very serious about finding the right FJ55 for me and building it into something I'll never sell. I'll keep and eye out on this site but if...
Im looking for a solid stock(ish) FJ55. Want a daily driver no crawler no big lift have a short fiancé. Solid motor, rebuilts welcome. Prefer F Motor but no deal breaker. Not looking for a rust bucket. Have trailer will travel. Help out a pig lover! Fill up thread with leads or PM me. Thanks!

Thread Filter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom