FJ40 | BJ40

Classifieds: Toyota 40-series Land Cruiser

Filter by prefix:

I am reluctantly and probably regretfully selling my 1978 FJ40 for $28,000.00. I purchased the truck in 2019, and have enjoyed driving it immensely. It was imported from Colombia by an engineer who spent a healthy amount of time and effort restoring it. He added the power steering, line-x interior, power windows and updated seats. It is 100% rust free and is rock solid. I acquired it from a seller after he purchased it at a mecum auction in 2017. It has a fiberglass roof with pioneer speakers and ventilation in it. The truck has no AC or Heat, but it does have wing windows and kick vents that allow plenty of airflow through the vehicle. I spent approximately $4500 rebuilding the transmission, transfer case, and knuckles. I also had the...
1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40, 145k miles on ODO $25k Highly modified. Competent rock crawler that is still streetable. If you are a Toyota purist, it’s not for you. If you’re looking for a rock and trail rig this could be for you. Same owner for the past 30 years. This rig has evolved and been reinvented many times over those years. Many of the custom mods and parts are home fab. Many trail miles across the southwest, Arizona, Utah and Colorado and has never let me down. The difficult decision to part with it has been made and it is time to move it on to another FJ40 fan. But this is a highly modified purpose-built vehicle that isn’t for everyone. Rust free AZ truck. Original complete hardtop available. Many spares included. The good...
Link to video. Was going to use the axles and drivetrain for my LV but got the F motor running well on my LV and am keeping it stock. So selling this Ranch Truck FJ40 that I got as a donor. It’s a 1977 So. Cal vehicle its whole life. Solid tub (rear sill shot) but floors are rust free minus pass wheel well where there are a couple spots in the pinch weld showing. The outside was painted with a paint brush and I would bet the original patina paint is under it. Body Parts needing replacement are front fenders, bib has rust on lower section and rear sill. It needs a carb rebuild and I have the kit(not the time lately to rebuild it)It starts and runs with choke pulled( might be idle selenoid problem). All smog looks to be there and just...
For Sale: 1972 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser. Heavily modified so purists please avert your eyes! Complete Frame off build, built to drive on the street as well as on the trail. Owned since 2003. Looking to sell due to recent family addition, making it a total of 6! So a 2 door 2 seat off road truck does not fly any longer. Maybe an FJ80 is in my future. Driven for over 10 years as an around town/trail rig. It has undergone a recent "re-restoration" including paint correction, loads of new parts and tying up of any loose ends. looking for $45k. Offers entertained. Never "bounced" as it is an extreme trail truck not a bouncing buggy! It will do over 100mph on the highway while it makes relatively easy work of some serious off road...
Had this FJ40 for 13 years. Bought from a local seller that had purchased in Arizona and brought to San Diego. Have had it serviced at the Truck Shop (TLC specific mechanic) in SD the entire time. Have receipts for literally everything done over that time. Smog exempt in CA. Chevy 350 SB engine - V8 - runs well. No smoke. Starts up no issues. 4 original speed and minimal surface rust, 97% rust free. Unsure when the SB got swapped. Painted back to the original beige color 5 years ago, paint is holding up well. Tires at 95% tread. New battery, new gas tank 3-4 years ago, $20k OBO. Motivated to sell at the right price.
1975 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - $13K/OBO This truck looks and drives better than many $10K trucks that I've seen, so I have priced it accordingly. This truck runs like a top and has been nothing but a pleasure to work on and drive. It easily cruises 70mph on the highway, tracking straight and smooth. The V8 allows it to breeze up long hills at full speed. I have owned it for a little over 5 years and driven it around 10K miles in that time. SBC Conversion (283) Original Toyota 4speed transmission Original Toyota transfer case New clutch master cylinder New clutch slave cylinder New brake cylinders all around. New valve cover gaskets New transmission cover seals 33 x 10.5/r15 BFG All Terrain T/A tires in excellent condition. Full...
Great winter project. I overheated it a few years ago and parked it in the garage. Think head is cracked. Selling the cruiser and all the parts I’ve accumulated for it, all together or nothing. Currently has the original drivetrain and fairey overdrive. Overdrive works fine, trans is hard to shift. Detroit in the rear, HFS 2.5 suspension, warn 872, shackles reversed, 4plus rear tire/cooler rack, 31x1050 mud terrains on stock steelies, power steering conversion, power front disc conversion. 99 percent of the usual rust has been professionally repaired using parts from real steel. Lots of extras come with it. NOS front gas tank, NOS Downey rear auxiliary tank, 74 f engine on stand with new gaskets seals, complete, NIB Webber kit, Early...
I REALLY hate to have to do this but I'm putting my FJ40 up for sale. I bought this a year ago from IconTacoma on this site and had it shipped from Cali here to AL. 2 back surgeries, resulting in a spinal fusion has changed my priorities and I have to let her go. I've tried to link IconTacoma's original ad to this one for reference purposes. The pictures attached were taken this morning. The only changes I made to the rig are the removal of the smog gear (retained just in case) and a seat extension that gives the drivers seat a bit more leg room. I had the rig inspected and serviced by Over the Mountain Cruisers who is a member here. Cole was impressed with the condition of the rig and was very complimentary. This is an American FJ40...
1978 FJ40 for sale We've owned this FJ since 1996 had plans to something with it but time just flies by All stock except wheels and tires Original 2F engine 4 speed trans paint is a bit rough but original back sill below the doors has some rust other wise just surface rust on frame ect. Pretty solid and straight cruiser Have clean Wa title asking $23,500
Time has come to sell my USA FJ40. I purchased it in 2010 from the original purchasers family, It's a FL truck, originally sold in Tallahassee FL. I've used it as a starbucks/garage queen, with trips to the Carolina Relic Run multiple times. Front floors professionally replaced about 8 yrs ago. Multiple parts have been powder coated including skid plates (including the gas tank plate and straps, braces, brackets, splash guards, etc. Cylinder head rebuilt about 5 yrs ago, runs great. It has the original JimTLC rebuilt carb on it (about 4 yrs ago). When I purchased it the elderly original owner had declined in health and the truck needed some mechanical TLC. New clutch assembly and related components, rebuilt front end w brake...

Thread Filter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom