FJ40 | BJ40

Classifieds: Toyota 40-series Land Cruiser

Filter by prefix:

Previous to me was a West Virginia farm truck. Installed a 1983 FJ60 2F, new clutch, original 3 speed column shift tranny and vacuum shift transfer case. Engine compressions are all at 150. Runs, drives and stops. I have documented all work on Farm Use Build. Send PM with any questions. Everything works except hazards need new flasher, high beam switch stuck and cigarette lighter. Comes with additional parts-1977 FJ40 disc axles, spare tranny/transfer, new sniper 2300, 17” FJ cruiser steelies and original engine if u want it. I have clear title in my name. Asking 15k
1964 FST with the original engine, 3 speed tranny/tcase, Fairey OD, original seats in great shape, front disc brakes, Toyota PS, HFS springs with shackles reversed, Detroit locker in rear, and new metal rear quarters and sill installed. This 40 is a great runner and has all the original FST doors, tailgate, spare tire carrier, and step. Many more pictures and driving videos at: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W1Ad7rqQHdf6MgCxxmjw9Qrzs9m3Ly5y $23k. Located in Jackson, TN.
This 1975 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 is for sale near Washington, DC. This US spec example has a 283 cid small block chevy V8 swap to give it plenty of power. It also has a nice list of recent maintenance, bumpers with a Warn winch, a soft top and hard and soft doors. The truck is said to be rust free and looks like a great driver. We invite you to check out the details below and look at all the photos in the gallery at the link above. Please let us know if you have any questions. Vehicle: Year: 1975 Make: Toyota Model: Land Cruiser FJ40 Drive: 4×4 Miles: 52,000 Fuel Type: Gasoline Transmission: 4 speed manual Engine: 283 CID SBC V8 Exterior Color: Red Interior Color: Black VIN: On Request Title: Clean Price: $28,000...
NO LONGER FOR SALE. I just can't bring myself to sell it. 1970 FJ40 FST. Titled as a ‘78. I bought the truck from the original owner in July 2021. I’ve worked the past 2 years on refreshing it back to life. This was not a restoration, but it was a refreshtoration. All the work was done by me. I’ve been a Cruiser guy for the past 20+years or so and have had several FJ40s. This 40 has a mixture of OEM parts from 1970 and a some from a ‘78. The body was pulled off the frame and the frame was wired wheeled, rust inhibitor applied and painted. The rear crossmember and angle braces were replaced with a later model from BTB. All drivetrain parts are from a ‘78. 2F motor. I rebuilt the carb and added a new water pump, aluminum radiator...
Hello! I recently bought a 1971 FJ40, and was stoked...but my wife is still bummed that I sold my new Bronco (and lost a lot of money) to buy it. She thinks is it too tall, too loud, too small for us and our dogs, and not a fraction as comfortable as the Bronco (or her 4Runner). In addition, to get it in my garage I have to air down AND use cargo straps to compress the springs to clear the 84" door frame (the FJ is 86" tall). Finally, she pointed out that we wheel so infrequently that we don't "need" the "extra" toy...and with my impulsivity taken into consideration, I must say that I (reluctantly) agree with many of her points. I spent 45k, and I am hoping to get that back OBO (I have owned it only a very short time and put another...
we are selling our 1973 Capri Blue F engine 3 speed. Body and paint are solid. Very little rust. Runs well. Just gave it a tune up, all fluids changed and new battery. I believe it needs a little brake work. Drums are very squeaky. I have a lot of misc parts including wiper motor and wiper arms. I have a set of front OEM seats just recovered in tan or keep the Corbeau currently installed. Your choice. I purchased late spring intending to fix it up as our weekend driver. The day it was delivered a good Freind offered his fully restored 1977 and it had AC…that sealed the deal with the wife. I still prefer the color and doors of the 1973 but AC in Texas is hard to beat. This is a solid rig ready to drive or finish tweaking it. Thanks
1980 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40 For Sale 🚙 Model: 1980 BJ40LV-KCW 🌍 Location: Tampa, FL Motivated to sell this BEAUTIFUL 1980 Toyota Land Cruiser: Are you ready to own a piece of off-road history? This 1980 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40 is a rare gem and a true classic. Imported from Germany, it's waiting for its next adventure! Features: 🏞️ Legendary 4x4 capabilities, sitting on a tasteful 2.5 Ultimate Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks from Red Line Cruisers (installed this year 2023). 🛢️ Reliable Toyota B-Diesel Engine with 133,801 miles. She has taken the autobahn, Florida highways, off road snow and mud, all with grace. 🛞 Factory steel rims with original steel split-rim spare in the back. Paired with band new Aisin Locking Hubs and recently...
Time to thin the herd. 1978 and 1966 package deal. Better to buy in bulk! Two for $21,500. '78: Other than 350 Chevy (with Marks adapter) and period aftermarket wheels, mostly original. Daily driver condition (exception: recent Chevrolet starter issue). New brakes, wheel and axle bearings, knuckle and steering components. New seat upholstery. Warn winch. Lights, signals, horn, gauge cluster all in working order. Tires 2 years old. Excellent frame condition; with some standard FJ40 body rust. '66: Solid and straight frame POR coated, ugly body without top. Excellent wire harness. It is also in daily driver condition. Brakes, wheel and axle bearings, knuckles recently replaced/serviced. Strong running (puff of smoke at startup) 1978 2F...
1969 toyota Fj40 landcruiser 4x4 $10k firm Nice little cruiser, runs good, i rebuilt the whole front axle, changed all fluids, new radiator, has weber carb, long tube headers, hreat tires, new windshield, and Japanese wipers, new front wheel cylinders, shoes, etc... front brakes need adjusting i havent had time to mess with it, still drives fine. Has soft top, and new soft doors as well. This price is firm, im losing a bit the truck, just have to many projects to complete. Please do not contact me for trades or if your not 100% serious. To many people wasting my time lately.
Selling vehicles is not my forte, so excuse my presentation. After 13 very enjoyable years of adventure with this great sleeper rig, it’s time for me to start downsizing my stable, and this truck is the first to go. I have a writeup in the 40 section about how I built this rig up during the ‘90s for one of my clients…and how he ended up GIVING ME THE TRUCK in 2010. I’ve put a good bit more work into it since I’ve owned it, including replacing the engine, going through the suspension and brakes again, and hunting down/changing several nuisance items to make it more comfortable for my tastes. Without further adieu , here we go! The good: it’s a turnkey, daily driver. Although I haven’t had it off road for a year, I use it at the shop to...
1978 FJ40 for sale We've owned this FJ since 1996 had plans to something with it but time just flies by All stock except wheels and tires Original 2F engine 4 speed trans paint is a bit rough but original back sill below the doors has some rust other wise just surface rust on frame ect. Pretty solid and straight cruiser Have clean Wa title asking $23,500
1979 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - $28,000 ***Please note: I have financed this truck and owe $12,000 on it as of 1/23/24. I am selling due to a bout of unemployment*** Available for sale is my solid, all original 1979 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. (Ok, it does have an aftermarket radio but everything else is bone stock.) I have owned this for three years and have enjoyed every moment of it. However, I am selling due to a bout of unemployment I would overall give this a 8/10 rating. The engine starts up and runs flawlessly. The brakes work as they should and their are no electrical gremlins at all. I detract two points, if you will, because of a hole in the floorboard near the right door jam where rain collects on these trucks and a bit...
Heres some shots from the cleanup and build:heres the thread in my link Saving 74 Jeep from the Jeepers - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/saving-74-jeep-from-the-jeepers.981668/ Just uncovered it and hosed it down: been sitting a year and a half- the top was a diy canvas that rotted-so it sits and comes like this: details: 74 F.1.5 engine. Carb was rebuilt/serviced by Mark but has sat a year and a half. Ran well til dizzy went/was going to swap to electronic which is included for the new owner. - New Toyo 255/85s on refinished split rims - Seats i picked up from a mudder/ no rips - New Fuel tank back during resto project - Rebuilt the wiper motor...
This was originally Tony's / Rockcods original "Sully" build. SOA 40 , disc brake conversion, You can probably still find his "Sully" build thread he did with his son. I picked it up from Tony and did a bunch more finishing off the interior -redoing seats , pulling roof and spraying in ceramic lizard skin and then an OEM headliner. The only rusty spot was the underseat toolbox/typical and i welded that up. (the ceramic keeps the calif.sun at bay and cool inside) While off i redid the roof exterior with a marine Gelcoat. (just like toyota originally did it) and found some steelies and 35s,37s. With the top off i welded up a full length family cage. I think the new 37s Toyos are on it currently but need to double check...
1981 FJ40 for sale. Olive color. The tub from the firewall back is all rust. The frame on the driver's rear is thin from the axle back and has rust holes. Has a complete 2F engine and 4 speed with transfer case. Engine turns freely, but no idea if it will run. The carb is completely rusted and won't move. Looks like all the engine accessories are still there, including the smog pump. Has power steering box and pump. White spoked wheels and tires have been replaced with an old set of wheels. I have title in hand and in my name. VIN on the title matches the numbers on the frame, door tag, firewall tag, and windshield tag (windshield not included). NOT included: Wiring harness Steering column/wheel Top, doors, windshield Interior...

Thread Filter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom