FJ40 | BJ40

Classifieds: Toyota 40-series Land Cruiser

Filter by prefix:

Hey all, I have a really nice FJ40 for sale. Very little rust. No rust in the floors. Minor in rear sill and at spare tire mount. All original paint. Great patina! A really honest rig with nothing hidden. Low mileage original engine. Recently ordered a carb kit from Mikes and now it runs great. New tie rod ends and alignment. New Falken Wildpeak mud terrains mounted on factory steel wheels with hubcaps. All new rubber bushings in springs. Wanted to keep it as stock as possible. New brake and clutch master and slave. New wheel cylinders. All factory gauges work. 4wd light even comes on with 4wd engaged. Shifts in and out of 4x4 hi and low with ease. Hubs lock easily. Interior dome light even works! Front and rear diffs fresh...
Specs: - 12HT engine swap, cosmetic refresh, new TD05 16G turbo feeding a 3” exhaust - H55f 5 speed swap - polished crossover pipes and custom stainless intake - OME suspension - fully rebuilt axles - disc brake conversion - power steering conversion - refurbished top and new head liner - new 33x10.50R15 BFG x5 - seat frames and all other silver parts freshly re-powder coated - new upholstery/foam and seat belts - HJ47 in dash tacho - all lights have been converted to LED - STEDI Classic style front lights - Hi-Lift Jack not mounted yet - Bluetooth speaker system not installed - custom Ebony shift knobs by Rodak Garage - Grimspeed boost control - exterior tub, fire wall, engine bay all done in Lizard Skin Sound Control and Insulation...
We have recently decided to relocate, and I must liquidate several collector vehicles from my personal collection. I am torn between keeping this outstanding US Spec 1983 FJ40 and an equally as nice 1973.5 Porsche 911T. I have decided to put both up for sale and will let the market decide. This vehicle was purchased by the previous owner from TLC in Van Nuys, CA in August of 2004. The vehicle had just undergone the TLC Phase 1 Restoration process which included fully rebuilding the steering system with all new OEM arms and ends, overhauled front axle with all new wheel and knuckle bearings, rebuilt burfields, as well as all front axle seals and gaskets. New TLC performance slotted rotors and TLC Monster calipers and stainless...
I've owned this 40 for the past 5+ years and have had all work done either locally by a Toyota/Landcruiser mechanic (McIntosh Imports) or by Trollhole's Cruisers. I am not mechanically-inclined but happy to answer any questions to the best of my abilities. $20k OBO. History: She was first sold in New Mexico (American Toyota - Albuquerque) and per some stickers she had some history in the PNW. I bought her with Oregon tags in Washington state (from a guy with Montana as a last name) - can't make that up. She was promised as "everything works" but nothing could have been further from the truth when she was delivered across the country. I broke every rule in the book buying her and have paid handsomely as a penance. But, happy that I was...
Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 upgraded V8 with tons of power, has a powerful hydraulic winch and remote. Disc brakes up front, power steering. Heavy duty tire rack and bumpers. Smog exempt in California! Replaced top and some glass from previous owner accident. Honestly don’t know exactly what I have because I bought in an auction. Family circumstance has forced this sale
This vehicle was purchased a little over 4 years ago; it was an original owner vehicle out of Arizona and was shipped to the East Coast where it has been in covered storage since. Vehicle has not been driven in snow/slush and only once in the rain in my 4 years of ownership. With twin 7 year olds and another classic car, this 40 just doesn't get driven enough and I would rather someone else be able to enjoy the vehicle. I'm hopeful in the coming years as my children get older I'll be able to get back into an FJ. This is a great truck that has been reliable and I ensured any mechanical and safety related items were fixed as the wife and kids would go out with me, so I wanted to ensure this was a safe and family friendly weekend...
For Sale: 1972 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser. Heavily modified so purists please avert your eyes! Complete Frame off build, built to drive on the street as well as on the trail. Owned since 2003. Looking to sell due to recent family addition, making it a total of 6! So a 2 door 2 seat off road truck does not fly any longer. Maybe an FJ80 is in my future. Driven for over 10 years as an around town/trail rig. It has undergone a recent "re-restoration" including paint correction, loads of new parts and tying up of any loose ends. looking for $45k. Offers entertained. Never "bounced" as it is an extreme trail truck not a bouncing buggy! It will do over 100mph on the highway while it makes relatively easy work of some serious off road...
Year: 1981 Make: Toyota Model: FJ43 Land Cruiser Engine: 4.2L Inline Six Cylinder Transmission: 4 Speed Manual Color: Olive RESTORATION This truck has been painted Olive and is accompanied by a new soft top, complementing the rest of the vehicle nicely. The front bumper is new and the rear bumper has been freshly painted. In addition, the exterior chrome pieces have been refinished. There are no notable flaws in terms of the paint as this was restored within the last six months. The rubber is fresh and supple, all sealing properly. The metal fitment on this truck is spot on, as the seams and gaps are all consistent and even throughout. The doors and hood all open and close without hassle and close solidly. The interior itself is...
This was originally Tony's / Rockcods original "Sully" build. SOA 40 , disc brake conversion, You can probably still find his "Sully" build thread he did with his son. I picked it up from Tony and did a bunch more finishing off the interior -redoing seats , pulling roof and spraying in ceramic lizard skin and then an OEM headliner. The only rusty spot was the underseat toolbox/typical and i welded that up. (the ceramic keeps the calif.sun at bay and cool inside) While off i redid the roof exterior with a marine Gelcoat. (just like toyota originally did it) and found some steelies and 35s,37s. With the top off i welded up a full length family cage. I think the new 37s Toyos are on it currently but need to double check...
Throwing this out here before I start beating the face book bushes. I’m looking for a v8 fj40 with preferably 35 inch tires with power steering and power disc brakes. Not wanting a restored rig but not junk either. Just a decent driver that could need some work. So let me know what y’all got! Haven’t been on here for awhile just got busy! Will travel for the right one. Thanks in advance. Cody
Selling vehicles is not my forte, so excuse my presentation. After 13 very enjoyable years of adventure with this great sleeper rig, it’s time for me to start downsizing my stable, and this truck is the first to go. I have a writeup in the 40 section about how I built this rig up during the ‘90s for one of my clients…and how he ended up GIVING ME THE TRUCK in 2010. I’ve put a good bit more work into it since I’ve owned it, including replacing the engine, going through the suspension and brakes again, and hunting down/changing several nuisance items to make it more comfortable for my tastes. Without further adieu , here we go! The good: it’s a turnkey, daily driver. Although I haven’t had it off road for a year, I use it at the shop to...
1965 Toyota fj40 Land Cruiser project. Been sitting for years. Someone was in the process of putting a newer late 70's early 80's 4.2 motor in it that's not all the way completed. Motor has clean oil and turns over with the starter also has an hei distributor and a Weber carb. Original motor is with it and is complete body has some rust in the outer sheet metal but floors and important stuff are solid. Ramsey pto winch is in nice shape, warn hubs, nice tailgate, windshield, frame, and grille. Would be a fun project for the right person or it has a lot of nice parts. Clear title
1979 Toyota Fj40 for sale Recently purchased the truck in June of ‘22 and really don’t want to sell it but I have to pay for flight school somehow. Been stored inside throughout my ownership. Barely touched it other than some brand new tires, just took it for the occasional drive on the weekends. Previous owner was an older gentleman that bought it off a used car lot in Denver 1981. He documented everything done to it very well. Full notebook of documents is pictured. Original truck other than being repainted at some point, the passenger door was replaced, and some OME suspension. It’s got some rust in the usual spots but overall really solid, frame is good and the tub is good. Have a bunch of spare parts to go with it. All emissions...
Link to video. Was going to use the axles and drivetrain for my LV but got the F motor running well on my LV and am keeping it stock. So selling this Ranch Truck FJ40 that I got as a donor. It’s a 1977 So. Cal vehicle its whole life. Solid tub (rear sill shot) but floors are rust free minus pass wheel well where there are a couple spots in the pinch weld showing. The outside was painted with a paint brush and I would bet the original patina paint is under it. Body Parts needing replacement are front fenders, bib has rust on lower section and rear sill. It needs a carb rebuild and I have the kit(not the time lately to rebuild it)It starts and runs with choke pulled( might be idle selenoid problem). All smog looks to be there and just...
NO LONGER FOR SALE. I just can't bring myself to sell it. 1970 FJ40 FST. Titled as a ‘78. I bought the truck from the original owner in July 2021. I’ve worked the past 2 years on refreshing it back to life. This was not a restoration, but it was a refreshtoration. All the work was done by me. I’ve been a Cruiser guy for the past 20+years or so and have had several FJ40s. This 40 has a mixture of OEM parts from 1970 and a some from a ‘78. The body was pulled off the frame and the frame was wired wheeled, rust inhibitor applied and painted. The rear crossmember and angle braces were replaced with a later model from BTB. All drivetrain parts are from a ‘78. 2F motor. I rebuilt the carb and added a new water pump, aluminum radiator...
44452 Miles Currently showing, I originally purchased it in 2005. I drove it off and on for about a year , needed some brake work so I put it aside for a later day. Too many trips in the 80 Series and a move to Omaha and I haven't done much with it since. It has been stored indoors since July 2008 . Life priorities change often , so its time to stop sitting on this an let someone else put it to use. $15,000. more images to follow....
Looking to sell my 1983 FJ40. Was restored in Venezuela and purchased by a boutique Charlotte car dealer at a Mecum auction in Pennsylvania. I have spent $10K getting is fully sorted out as well as removing the hard top (I don't have it any longer) and installing a custom roll cage and bimini top. WARN winch. Beautiful navy blue with tan interior. Gets more commentary/looks/picture requests than any car/truck I have ever owned including some exotics. All OEM parts and really nicely done restoration. Only issues I have found / non-original parts include a rear axle that appears to be from a Ford Bronco and the seats are not original Cruiser seats (more comfortable). Paint chip or two that would need to be addressed and one of...
I traded for this toyota landcruiser and have owned several of them, its a very nice survivor. I put new tires and wheels on it, new radiator, new water pump, thermostat, hoses and here and there's. It runs well, has hard top, ambulance doors, custom seats, all lights work, dash works, wipers work, glass is all good. It has the 2f motor, disc front brakes, 4 speed transmission, locking hubs etc. The paint looks to be a rattle paint job, not a ton of rust but some. Its a solid landcruiser! Heat works, long tube headers, 4x4 works. If i didn't have other things to get done and a baby on the on the way id keep it. I can only answer what i know and what ive done to it. No trades excepted. I will not respond to is this still available if its...
Heres some shots from the cleanup and build:heres the thread in my link Saving 74 Jeep from the Jeepers - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/saving-74-jeep-from-the-jeepers.981668/ Just uncovered it and hosed it down: been sitting a year and a half- the top was a diy canvas that rotted-so it sits and comes like this: details: 74 F.1.5 engine. Carb was rebuilt/serviced by Mark but has sat a year and a half. Ran well til dizzy went/was going to swap to electronic which is included for the new owner. - New Toyo 255/85s on refinished split rims - Seats i picked up from a mudder/ no rips - New Fuel tank back during resto project - Rebuilt the wiper motor...

Thread Filter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom