my 65 fj45lv i know nothing about (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a 65 fj45lv that was my dads (eric berry)
i know next to nothing about this truck of cruisers in general. i love it an it is become a goal of mine to get the truck back to its prime. i have a chev 350 in her and she runs great so it was time to deal with the rust issues. floor boards are rusted out and section or the right quater pannel. i need hints tips anything to help out a kid tring to save his cruiser.

IMG_3750.jpg

Looks good. I'm sure there is much, much more rust than you think. It's just covered in paint.

It all depends on how far you want to take it as most restorations are much more complex and expensive than people think when they start. This is especially true when it comes to the LV as there is an extremely limited source for LV specific parts.

I would suggest doing it in phases. Brakes and steering deserve a lot of attention and should be at the top of the list. Is that stuff already done? Dual circuit brake master and modern booster are common swaps on any old Cruiser. As is power steering.

I think some folks here have done entire floor swaps so search around and you could find more info on that.

Bottom line is that we have seen guys start with much less than you've got there. Just obtaining an LV is half the battle and yours looks pretty good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom