Need tie down clips for removable top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need one of the small clips that hold down the removable top on my 67 Fj45.They are located behind the seat under the rear window.There might be another name for these clips???? I need one .The clip and the part it clips to. There are a total of 5 rear clips holding the top half of the cab.
thanks;
Please email me at
manfredia@bellsouth.net

J hooks???

I have Jhooks on my tow truck....for towing....jaaaa
But if you have then I will get one.Price???
Thanks!!!!!!
Armando.

bull, if you are still reproing them, I woud also be interested ina couple (need one, would like one or two fro spares if they are really so prone to breakage). Would like to know a price....

I think I have some latches here. Let me know if you need some. Sorry, no hooks, just latches.

j hooks

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who needs the same parts for a 45 project of his. We figured we build some new ones at my shop, if any one has an intact sample that I could borrow to copy I'd be glad to hook you up with a complete new set of j-hooks. If anyone else is interested in hooks pm me, we'll be starting soon.

I was able to find the one I needed a while ago. But if you need one for example I could bring one down from up north. It would hurt to have a few spares. It won't be until the following weekend.

John

Thanks, That would be great. :) I will be running some according to our best guess today to test this weekend. I do want these to look as close to the originals as possible, I'll post pics when done.

65cruiser

I am also in phoenix and have one laying in a box (will need at least one replacement as I get further in the restore), let me know if you want one sooner that Living in the past can get you one.

Made a couple j hooks today from what little we had to work with. Please post up and let me know how close to original they look, when I get my hands on a sample I can adjust the program accordingly. If they're good to go now I'll just run them as is. Thanks
fj45hook 001.jpg
fj45hook 003.jpg

very good

I am holding an original in my hand and comparing to your photo.... very nice. I would argue that the front lip of hte original does not go quite that high up, and it is a little rounder on the lip edge to prevent snags, but what you made is highly acceptable. How can I get my hands on a few of those!?! :)

Thanks for the feedback. If you have time measure how high that lip sticks up from the bottom of the radius the clamp sits in and i will make the change to the cnc program and also radius off the edges. As far as getting some, I'll be running more monday so let me know how many you'll need and we'll work something out. Thanks, Eric

measurment

It is 1/4" from the bottom where the latch rests to the top of the lip.

I "Need" 1, would like a set of 5 if the price is fair.

revised j hooks

I made the changes suggested and here is the final hook. Price is $10.00 ea. shipped to your door and if you break one of these hooks I'll send you a new one for free. Pm me with your info and I'll get them shipped out to you.
fj45hook2 -1.jpg
fj45hook2-6.jpg

Thanks for your help, you're the man.

Still have plenty more, come 'n get em.

I brought one back from up north but it looks like you've already got them done. Where are you located so I can come by and buy some?

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom