Yet another BJ42 frame off-Dbradford04 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I got the "pile" home, and started tearing through the boxes of "stuff" like a kid in a candy store.

This is going to be a frame off, BUT not an OEM restoration, just a very sanitary build that I can keep and drive for a long time. Sooo if you are a purist, and want to rail on me about using aluminum, or adding AC, this isn't the thread for you!

Here are some pictures..you may have seen this rig in the for sale section..I rolled the dice because he had tons of new parts, and the rig looked pretty clean except for the tub.

Still lots of decisions to make, but the first thing is getting it running like it sits to see if there are any major engine issues before proceeding...

Probably going to go Aqualu, so I might have a tub and/or cowl available.

pics.

Huh...try this again
P9100004.jpg
P9100005.jpg

and another

So I have TONS of parts..I will be posting parts and asking questions about "what is this?", and thank everyone in advance for helping out.

D
P9100006.jpg

Rescuing a Land Cruiser is always to be praised :clap: :beer:

So this is the 13B-powered BJ42 you were interested in!

Looks pretty good to me Dan.

I'm sure you'll have loads of fun sorting out whatever issues it has.

And I'll bet there are others besides myself keen to see lots of pictures as you progress.

Cheers
Tom

Not sure where the stationary bicycle goes, is that the turbo? MIke

No..that 13b deal fell through..it was a total rust bucket. kraig was spot on ehen he said the engine was worth something, but the rest was a mess...i offered him a good price on the 13b, and would have loved to have it, but the seller overpaid when he bought it, and wouldn't let it go for what it was worth..

This was one i found here on the forum..probably over paid a tad, but i was anxious to get a diesel project.

I am leaning pretty firmly in the 12v direction.

Dan

Yeah! sourced a 5speed and t-case from Dan at 4Wheel parts..great guy!..great deal! Took the rig to the powder coater today and got the bid..once I strip her down next weekend, off to him for a few days, then the real fun begins!

I sourced a TON of stuff today from Dan at 4Wheel in Edmonton...Great help and great relief. Now I need to find a couple of batteries to try and crank it over this weekend and see if there are any major issues with the engine before I completely strip the frame.

On it's way...starter, alternator, VR, 12V relays, glow plugs, PS bracket and pump, H55F and tcase...for a rig that I had tons of parts for already, I am sure spending a lot to get it how I want it...like I keep telling my wife...

It's a hobby, not an investment!

frame issues

So after 2 days of stripping down the frame to take it to the powder coaters, I discovered some frame issues. The rear frame parts are pretty easy stuff to source, but I would love some advice about how to repair this section.

The rest of the frame is in GREAT shape, just this one area. I will repost some pictures next week after the guy has sandblasted it.
P9180033.jpg
P9180039.jpg
P9180040.jpg

That frame doesnt look so bad, althought cant say for sure before its been sandblasted... If no holes come up in blasting i would just get it painted and be happy...

In picture 1 and 2, you can see a hole on the inner box just above the loose brake line. That is the only hole I could find.

Dan, That looks completely repairable. The outer channel looks good enough to brace with additional steel if needed, and the inner channel can be replaced or repaired at the same time... I think your blaster/powder coat guy could easily take care of this...

K

I have the starter coming this week..should crank it up Saturday..I decided to just get the 12V starter coming and buy the battery I plan to use long term and go that route.. if all goes well, then off to the blaster dude on Monday hopefully.

Well that section of frame looks too rust-weakened for my liking.

I'd be looking for an alternative frame.

Sorry to be negative.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom