1-hdt front mounted intercooler plumbings. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. In this thread I was asked to post some pics of my intercooler plumbings. These pics dont fit in the other thread so I decided to make a new thread here for them.

Some of these pics I have posted in other threads as well but here they come all at the same spot.

DSCN0225.jpg

This the Intercooler it self, I had to remove it from the truck last year to clean it up after dropping a hose clamp into the turbine damaging the turbine blades and blowing metal dust from the turbine into the pipes and cooler. I was lucky, I did not see any traces of metal on the engine side of the cooler.

IMG_2241.jpg

Here it is on its right place and connected.

DSCN0252.jpg

The first leg from the turbine to the cooler. I welded together 3 90 degree knees and a short straight pipe. From there the pipes goes under the battery tray with a slight bend. I don´t have a pic of that part. To make space for the pipes I had to remove the "dust can" from the bottom of the air filter canister. I closed the hole with a small bit of sheet metal.

Remember always to cover the air intake pipes with a plastic bag or something I you remove the air filter caninster. I learned that the hard way ;)

The aluminium pipe seen on the intake side was just a temporary solution.

DSCN0240.jpg

This pic shows the pipe where it comes from under the battery on the passenger side and connects to the Intercooler (the silicone hose knee is missing).

DSCN0239.jpg

This would be on the drivers side, where the pipes disappear under the other battery tray.

DSCN0259.jpg

The pipes reappear between the battery and the fan shroud. I this pic you can see the rest and how the pipes are connected to the intake manifold.

I made most of these pipes when I installed the York compressor, before that the pipes had a little less complicated routing on the turbo side of the engine but I don´t have any pics from that.

Thanks heaps!!!

I pretty much eyed up exactly what you have done but without doing any cutting it's hard to picture what it looks like.

My intercooler has inlets which are higher then yours are, yours seem to be right at the bottom of the intercooler.

The performace is fine, I love the truck. I don´t have any before or after mesurements. The cooler was already installed when I bought the truck.

I thought about making a new intake but I don´t know how to weld aluminum and this was easier solution ;)

The York Is nice, I replaced the rear springs with air springs last summer. I also use the air to pump up the tires after airing down.

Hey Haffi,
how many batteries are you runnin, it looks like 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom