For Sale Used Diesel A440 automatic trans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Transplanted to SLC from Portland, Oregon
I installed an H55f behind my 13BT and now I have this A440 that needs a home. The valve body is out of a BJ74. It has a 6-bolt pressure plate. While it is used and has wear on the output shaft it has worked well for the 11 months it was in my 62. It comes with the ATF hard lines, dip stick, torque converter, pressure plate, and shifter mechanism.

I am willing to deliver it to the Portland, Oregon area or the Tri-cities Washington area. PM with questions. Asking $500.

No kidding eh?! I got an auto tranny on the way out.......any idea how many hours labour it is to put in a new one.............have a friend down in Portland and have spent a fair bit of time in Newburg getting an OME lift kit put in the bj60 i had before this! would this fit an hj60?

You may want to try BrownBear. I seem to remember he was looking for an automatic. not sure if he found one.

K

No kidding eh?! I got an auto tranny on the way out.......any idea how many hours labour it is to put in a new one.............have a friend down in Portland and have spent a fair bit of time in Newburg getting an OME lift kit put in the bj60 i had before this! would this fit an hj60?

Not sure if it would fit an hj60 but as far as putting this in it would be a full day job. Not hard just time consuming. If you want to do some research on it we can help with getting to a shop. Just pm me or captain cavy!

You may want to try BrownBear. I seem to remember he was looking for an automatic. not sure if he found one.

K

Brownbear up on Canada? I will try to dig up his email and send him a quick message.

Thanks!

clint

Not sure if it would fit an hj60 but as far as putting this in it would be a full day job. Not hard just time consuming. If you want to do some research on it we can help with getting to a shop. Just pm me or captain cavy!

Brownbear up on Canada? I will try to dig up his email and send him a quick message.

Thanks!

clint

I responded but no response maybe he didn't see it. https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-jdm-parts/424335-3b-13b-t-auto-trans.html

What does the HJ60 have in it, and are the bell housings application specific for each engine?

I responded but no response maybe he didn't see it. https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-jdm-parts/424335-3b-13b-t-auto-trans.html

What does the HJ60 have in it, and are the bell housings application specific for each engine?

I am interested. Just not sure I can do it at this time. The killer is the shipping. I hope to do a coast trip in my Motorhome in may/june ish. then I could pick it up. don't throw it away or anything with out letting me know.
i know it sucks hanging on to stuff you don't need.

cheerss BB

I need an A440 to go behind my 1hz!! Is the 13bt bolt pattern same as 1hz? Can i use the same flexplate, and TC?

Man, shipping is the killer for me too. Damn it.

I need an A440 to go behind my 1hz!! Is the 13bt bolt pattern same as 1hz? Can i use the same flexplate, and TC?

Man, shipping is the killer for me too. **** it.

I don't know about it fitting behind a 1HZ. Maybe someone here knows. Shipping is brutal.

I don't know about it fitting behind a 1HZ. Maybe someone here knows. Shipping is brutal.

The A440F works fine behind a 1HZ I have one in my HZJ77. Of Course I have to tell you it is a complete pig unless you do some upgrages but I can tell you if you do the upgrades you will not about converting it to a stick.

The TC is unique to the 1HZ the spigot and bolt size are different than the Gasser, the 12HT and the 13BT.

I do not know for sure but would be very surprised if the rear flange or flexplate are the same between the 1HZ and the 13BT. Most likely different as well as the Bell houseing.

And for the record there is not such thing as a Diesel A440F and a Gas A440F just the BH, TC, Flexplate the transmission itself as well as the valve body are the same.

Cheers,

Michael

tlcruiserman said:
The A440F works fine behind a 1HZ I have one in my HZJ77. Of Course I have to tell you it is a complete pig unless you do some upgrages but I can tell you if you do the upgrades you will not about converting it to a stick.

The TC is unique to the 1HZ the spigot and bolt size are different than the Gasser, the 12HT and the 13BT.

I do not know for sure but would be very surprised if the rear flange or flexplate are the same between the 1HZ and the 13BT. Most likely different as well as the Bell houseing.

And for the record there is not such thing as a Diesel A440F and a Gas A440F just the BH, TC, Flexplate the transmission itself as well as the valve body are the same.

Cheers,

Michael

So if there isn't such a thing as a diesel A440F or a gas A440F what is there? Just one universal trans?

How is it that the manuals present different shift points for the A440 in an FJ62 VS the auto 2H 60 series then? Is all the difference in the torque converter? Possibly the TV cable action?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom