Member Forum: New members seeking entry must read this (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Granite Grinder

IH8RUST
Threads
OK, I've been in touch with Woody and he will set up a sub forum that will require approval to be let in. This should be good for the concerns we have about posting club business publicly. This will be a CC member only forum.

You need to go to your User CP, then Group Membership, you should see the CC Member forum. Choose join, I will then be able to admit you if you are a paid up Coastal Cruiser member, in good standing.
GG

Last edited:
Wannabe members
If you send me a message that you want admittance to the Private Forum and put in the subject line "it's about time", "I've always wanted in" or any thing like that, you won't be admitted. I have no way of putting together your "Mud" handle and your real name. I'm guessing that when you joined Coastal Cruisers you gave Scalp (Bill) your real name and you need to give me your real name or no entry. I need to ask Bill who has a paid membership and when I mention so and so is asking for admittance, Bill has no idea whom I'm speaking about. Also, it's a courtesy to add your real name to your sig line, don't need a last name but it makes it easier down the road, and at club meetings to put together who you are when posting, otherwise it's just a guessing game.
Thanks for your patience, your friendly Coastal Cruiser administrator

To that I would add - new members must comply with the Four Wheelers' Code of Ethics of the 4 Wheel Association of BC, including being friendly and courteous to others.
  • will remain on established and designated roads and trails. I will obey gate closures and regulatory or trail-use signs. I will leave gates as I find them
  • I will respect and protect the environment and the land, both public and private. I realize that future use depends on my responsible actions
  • I will obey all traffic laws and regulations
  • I will not vandalize. I will restore or repair damaged trails, signs, camp facilities, water bars or drains on trails in a responsible manner
  • I will not litter. I will set an example to other backcountry users by carrying out more than I carry in
  • I will maintain the safety of my vehicle and equipment. I will carry recovery gear, an emergency repair kit, basic first aid supplies, survival food and equipment. I will keep firearms in a safe and secure place
  • I realize that my equipment, ability, the terrain, weather, and the traffic on the trail should determine my destination objective and travel speed
  • I will observe fish, game and trail rules
  • I will act responsibly to prevent forest fires
  • I will always stop and offer assistance to a fellow four wheeler
  • When encountering others, I will be friendly and courteous

Source: http://www.4wdabc.ca/content.php?129-Code&s=8f472544dd0bacae4555d1886f9ca31b

Phil mentioned at the meeting that if you weren't added to the private section before MUD converted website formats, you will be waiting a while, George.

It's a technology glitz, only. The new MUD isn't very friendly to the admins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom