HIR's Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
Finally got around to installing the HIR bulbs tonight after sitting on the counter for over a week. Installed the drivers side both high and low beams. These Halogen Infared Reflecting bulbs are run by many members in the form of John Deere bulbs but since I couldnt locate a dealer I went with www.finemotoring.com.

They draw the same watts as stock bulbs but throw alot more light and more white than slightly yellow. The low beams are definetly better but the biggest suprise was the difference in the high beam. The pattern on the garage door was much brighter and covered a larger area by far (left side of photo).

I adjusted the levels on the headlights on each side to be even so as to get the truest results. I dimmed the pics to get a better idea of the difference in the brightness. This has been an area Ive wanted to improve on since the low beams always seemed a little weak. (I guess after driving my wifes Highlander, I got spoiled with the 10 year newer models Toyota's lights!)

First pic is low beams, second are the highs, third is the high pattern on the garage door comparing drivers HIR and passenger stock bulbs.
hir3.JPG
hir.JPG
hir2.JPG

Follow up: I installed the right side then went out into the darkness last night. What a difference - especially the high beams. A suprisingly remarkable difference - as if I had my KC lights on with my old high beams - that much of a difference!

An easy mod that I suggest :cheers:

Wow the second pic really shows the difference. Good work. :cheers:

I don't have the high beams, but the lows make a noticeable difference. Was going to get them, but rarely run high beams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom