Dan, Please remove the Vodoo from me... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Forgive me Dan, I really didn't expect those to happen I flushed her 3x times year and it really hurts alot next to PHH...:frown: :crybaby:
Rear Main Seal 032.jpg
Rear Main Seal 001.jpg
Rear Main Seal 020.jpg

Good headgasket is hard to find...............

Sorry LX_TREME. It looks like you're living, breathing proof that frequent cooling system flushes will not keep the HG from failing. You were planning to replace the HG before the turbo anyway, right? :D

-B-

OK. I'm fully and admitidly ignorant and stand at the font of knowledge.

Whatcha pulling the trany for if your headgasket is toast?

As I was replacing front crankshaft seal, Oil pump seal and Rear main seal

Grench said:
Whatcha pulling the trany for if your headgasket is toast?
Reason I pulled the tranny down to replace the rear main seal, not knowing at all the headgasket already like that.It just kinda surprised and show me these :flipoff2: from the rear entrance :doh: :hillbilly:

one down and thirteen to go. (reference to that other thread with all the folks posting about NOT having HG failure).

CDan- stock up now, there's surely a bunch of folks ready to come a calling.;)

oh man, i'm shaking now! THat is just crappy LX!

concretejungle said:
oh man, i'm shaking now! THat is just crappy LX!
Yep these what she look like from the outside, 9 years showing all the beauty and power but when I'm about to make her happy (fix rear main seal) look what I found...:frown: :crybaby: :frown:

P.S: No sign of overheat, No leak even the reservoir it's always full..but surprised....:mad: :crybaby: :frown:
LX_Motor.JPG
LX_Motor_02.JPG

I don't understand how someone who has been on this board as long as you can be surprised.

It sucks but it's part of the enjoyment of owning these trucks, unfortunately.

You just can't maitenance the HG away, as much as people would like.

Agree - good maintenance doesn't seem to keep the HG at bay. My 93 was living proof. Bought it new, regular flushes, blah blah.

Get your injectors cleaned/flowed as well - will help an engine stressed by pressurizing last longer with uniform cylinder temps, etc.

DougM

How many miles on your truck LX Treme? That sucks.

Head gasket fix..... and minor porting of the head, performance valvejob, new springs, and turbo kit next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom