Middle eastern Spec 80 series ( PICS ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hell i guess thats why the oil industry is so big over there. they have to keep up with the demand of everyone driving an 80.

Great pictures, I find it interesting how they all have the skinny tire set-up.

That's a lot of 80's in one place.:)

Sure is.

But, it's not as many as you would see at the monthly Copper State Cruisers meet up. :)

I like all the OEM graphics on the sides. What would be considered old school Toyota stuff over here.
They have to do something to tell them apart. They have no aftermarket junk at all. I guess they don't wheel a lot.

It's a thing of beauty, that not a single one of those trucks has a roof rack or wind deflector.

Most of them have flares. Thought it was mostly US models that had flares. Curious about the skinny tires too. Availability? Driving environment?

Most of them have flares. Thought it was mostly US models that had flares. Curious about the skinny tires too. Availability? Driving environment?

Yep, mostly sand once you get off the pavement. I'm a little surprised about the way they seem to stick to skinnies, though, instead of going with something wider.

Reason I wonder about the lack of sand tires is that's how the US Air Force solved their tire problems. In their case, it was before dedicated off-road tires were available, so they used aircraft tires. Some pics of an expedition that explored the Empty Quarter are available here:
US Air Force Air Sea Rescue in Saudi Arabia 1950-1951
US Air Force Air Sea Rescue in Saudi Arabia 1950-1951

Remember that news conference at the beginning of the First Gulf War where they announced that the first US troops, the Army airborne, had arrived to make sure Saddam didn't move on from Kuwait into Saudi Arabia? I laughed at that. My dad was in Dhahran in the mid-50s when I was born.;)

Last edited:
From the UTube videos I have seen, most of their wheelin is when they drive up a ramp and tip them onto two wheels and balance them on just the rights or lefts while driving down the road. Neat trick, but not what I want to do with mine.

They do have the fancy hood ornament, though.

Posted elsewhere, found online.

image-2920172776.jpg

No need for sliders or bumpers if these are the only rock gardens ever traversed.
image-2920172776.jpg

the wheeling is very different over their, in Qatar which is specifically were these pics were taken the land is mostly flat, sandy or rocky but generally flat . They work their vehicles pretty hard in stock form and use them as daily drivers as well . This is why everyone drives cruisers, other vehicles don't fare very well once they are taken off road specially in the heat .

Last edited:
That's for sure. A LandCruiser there is a lot like a Chevy or Ford pickup is here. Most people don't do much to their trucks when it's the local equivalent to a mule...or camel in this case.

And a LandCruiser just works. 'nuf said.

Here in the US, we tend to obsess.:p:steer:

Sweet pics! I like the graphics and I'd love to have a set of those split rims!

-Daniel

So sweet

That is amazing for sure, some of those tires are crazy. The tenth picture looks like it's running trailer tires or emergency spares. Don't they have pretty strict rules about accessory/lift/bumper modifications? There seems to be no concern with driving on two wheels, driving from the roof of your car, donuts, burnouts, or drifting.:steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom