1993 GForce Preformance Chip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today as I was reading some of the articles on the mud home page when at the very bottom of the page I saw a link that said $69 landcruiser preformance chip.
Link Here

I was naturally curious so I read the product description then proceeded to search around on here for anyone with experience with this brand or any for that matter, I only came across a thread for a 3fe chip but from what people were saying was it was just a cheap little resistor that messes with your system and there was no real science behind it, which I think is pretty much true because as most of us know they arnt that many parts for our rigs that are "cheap"

Anyways I figured I would ask here if anyone has any experience running one of these chips (pros, cons, noticeable differences, etc..) or anyone that has more knowledge than me about this kind of thing? Or if your search turns up differently than mine could you link your findings, that way im not beating a already dead horse? :deadhorse:

Thanks!

You have to use that chip in conjunction with a fuel saver clipped to your gas line, the updated muffler bearings (93 and up only), and a 4" throttle body spacer to get the claimed hp gains...

D

What Darwink was trying to say is, that chip will increase your power as much as upgrading your wiper fluid pump.

So eventually if I were to upgrade all of that (more $) Then it could be viable to invest in a chip... But what about the other claims, im not only interested in the more hp but the gas and lower emissions, does it also improve that or do you have to have other parts installed for that too?

You have to use that chip in conjunction with a fuel saver clipped to your gas line, the updated muffler bearings (93 and up only), and a 4" throttle body spacer to get the claimed hp gains...

D

:hillbilly:

That's my next upgrade, but need hydraulic ones.

By the way this is a better way to get more power and fuel savings than this chip.

1. more power = press down on gas pedal further.
2. More fuel savings = do not use the "more power" option!

Where do you plan on getting those

We are not trying to make fun of you, just making fun...

Urban Dictionary: Muffler bearings

We are just refering to things that do not exist and do not work at all..... as all the items listed in Darwink1 post are fall in this category.
No direct insult is intended just in case...

Last edited:
To me and most of us here:

This CHIP is a total SCAM!
No real use or benefits from it, even though they still sell them everywhere even ebay!

To be more direct.

All this chip does is fool your INTAKE AIR (IAT) TEMPERATURE SENSORS.

Therefore telling your engine the air is either hotter or colder than it actually is and maybe modifying your gas mixture to compensate.

This really has little benefit or none to your performance or fuel savings, as far as I and most here are concerned.

I'm sure there are other who might have a difference in opinion, but why would you modify the mix your ECU has been set to by its sensors and expect better performance?

Wouldn't the ECU have come from factory with its optimum pref/econ setting?

By the way this CHIP/RESISTOR is NOT smart!
It will always set the IAT sensor to a certain + or - setting.
This will ALWAYS give you a rich or lean (depending on chip) setting at all times, and that cant be good for all occasions!

Last edited:
lol all the chip does is increase the timing through the IAT sensor, depending on the resistance in the chip its telling the computer the intake temp approx is 15 degrees F and that will increase the timing of the engine. this will make the engine run worse. lol its funny somebody would actually spend the time to make a chip like this when all you can do is turn the distributer to get more timing. this chip might not let the computer enter closed loop mode because its throwing off the readings. do not buy this chip, i cant believe people have the courage to put something like this on the market.

Last edited:
Well thats what surpised me was because it was being advertised on the home page of this website..... but just as quick as it appeared it has disappeared, i cant find the link where it was before on the home page....

Yeah, this and most other forums/websites use what is called GOOGLE ADDS.

You cant control what they show, google send what it thinks this forums is about and what their members are interested in depending on the actual forum content.

We all might get different adds, for example I might get some local Puerto Rico add because of my IP#... etc...

This is a way for this Forum to generate some kind of income via add clicking.

Well thats what surpised me was because it was being advertised on the home page of this website..... but just as quick as it appeared it has disappeared, i cant find the link where it was before on the home page....

Those ads are not related to the website, just google click ads placed there for minor ad revenue for the website, if you get a silver star, you won't have to view those anymore. They constantly change depending on keywords/content of the page you are viewing.

This will not work for a 1993 LC. The rig must be OBD II 95 or newer. Check their site for compatabillity on a 1994 or older LC.

This is the research gathered over time and from those who have purchased one from the many forums out there and eBay groups.

First your rig must be OBD II (95-97 or newer).
The chip is not a rear chip so to speak. It is a resistor you could get from most any electronic store.
The resistor fools the temp sensor to think its got hotter air thus the ECU adjust the air/fuel values.

The resistor is plugged into the temp sensor in the air intake tube plug wires. You make a U out of the ends and plug it in. This works in mild temp areas best since at outside temps of 84*+ the temp inside the tube is the same as the temp sensor signal. Basically the resistor fools the ECU via the air/fuel mixture adjustment.

There massive instruction sheet shows how to bend the resistor in a U.
Unplug the temp sensor.
It tells you to zip tie the wire and resistor out of the way oh and wrap it in electrical tape to water proof it.
Best of all 1 sheet of paper 8.5x11 with the resistor taped to the sheet is the packaging in a standard letter envelope and stamp.

Best of luck getting much of what it claims on the claims it shows on the ads. But hey $69.99 most people will risk that on a hope for results but wont tell anyone they got taken on a scam for that amount.

Last edited:
What Darwink was trying to say is, that chip will increase your power as much as upgrading your wiper fluid pump.

LOL, yea you'd be better off pouring some "snake oil" into the crank case and sacrificing a chicken to appease the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Like I've said before, if there was a way to make the rig run better and get better mileage, Toyota would have made it that way to begin with!

Be careful with how you try to appease the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Infidel! Chicken Cacciatore may result in consequences you cannot foresee....

His Noodleness need no sacrifice. #2 of FSM commandments...

I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjigate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Dont Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.

donutfj80 said:
His Noodleness need no sacrifice. #2 of FSM commandments...

I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjigate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Dont Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.

Lol ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom