New speakers behind OEM grill. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently I installed this Pioneer Complete Car Audio Package - Walmart.com setup into my 94 Accord and love it, best bang for the buck. I then installed he same radio and two of the speakers it comes with in my mom's truck. Today I decided to put the two leftover speakers in the LX.

Getting into the door was easy. It was then I realized how bad my stock speakers were.

100_2575.jpg

100_2574.jpg

Needless to say, they'd seen better days. I then checked the fitment of the new ones. They were barely too deep. I then used the carboard back of a large graph pad to make some shim rings to space it out. Three rings happened to be enough.

100_2576.jpg

100_2578.jpg

100_2580.jpg

Next I pulled the OEM plugs off of the old speakers using my soldering iron. I then soldered the clips onto the new speaker wires.

100_2582.jpg

I then used the screws supplied with the speakers and screwed the speakers to the door. Forgot to get pictures of that step. I then cut the little plastic "Y" behind the grill. No pics of that step either. Next I put the door back together to see if it fit behind the grill. It fits but bulges the panel slightly on the passenger's side. It's not noticeable and I consider it a fit.

100_2583.jpg

100_2585.jpg

100_2584.jpg

100_2587.jpg

100_2588.jpg

I call it a success with just two speakers, it sounds a ton better. I plan on actually replacing the radio soon, but the sound isn't bad from the stock unit with these speakers. The rear speakers now need attention.

Sorry for the pic size.

looks good, i just put that walmart set up in my cruiser today, i tested all 4 new speakers with a scion head unit and they sounded decent, then tried it with the head unit it came with and they sound great, now im just thinking i need some more thump in the back so im gonna probably transplant one 8in sub in the rear stock spot.

I wish i was as patient to make the speakers fit with oem covers but just went through the door panels to mount. in the nw it could rain anytime and i had to take advantage of the rare winter sun today as well as a rare day off.

Looks good, Does the factory head unit power them?

For now yes, but I highly recommend that package deal from Walmart. $85 for a Pioneer head unit w/ four 6 1/2 speakers. The head unit is amazing for the price. It has an aux. input, a usb input, and cd. The usb input will play almost any music format. The only reason I only did 2 speakers is that they were left over from installing the package into my mom's 2000 Siverado and I only replaced the front doors on her truck.

Making them fit behind the factory grill was the easiest way. After I got them mounted to the door, I just put the panel back on and called it done. Mounting the Pioneer covers would have involved pulling the OEM cover and then fitting the new one....way too much work for my lazy butt.

MAN YOU READ MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a pair of these left over from putting them in my 40 and being as my fronts are blown this is what I am doing tonight as well as running cable for my amp/sub

MAN YOU READ MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a pair of these left over from putting them in my 40 and being as my fronts are blown this is what I am doing tonight as well as running cable for my amp/sub

This package that Walmart sells is amazing for $85 w/ free shipping. Like I mentioned, this is the second one I've bought, one for my 94 Honda Accord and another for my mom's Silverado. Soon I will be buying another one for the LX.

I have a question about the LX wiring. If I install an aftermarket head unit, does that disable the speakers in the dash and the so called sub in the console?

I put the headunit in and the wiring still has my tweeters going in the front and rear along with all 4 doors. I don't know about the sub as I put in an aftermarket one. Sidenote....one 10 with about 200watts....all the bass I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom