Slee made me angry, I want roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Slee stopped selling the african outback Roofrack. :bang:I really wanted the full rack he had with the sunroof deal. I should of, would of. could of....Now its too late. That deal would have been perfect.
Just won a huge fight with the ARMY over pay. Actually the Secretary Of the Army did it for me. Good chunk of change coming in a couple weeks. :clap::cheers::flipoff2:
I really wanted one of those racks. Nothing else fits the bill.
The ATV ramp roof rack might be my only deal, but I am not a fabricator. I really wanted that sunroof opening. Especially now that I might qualify for a disability hunting permit and can shoot from my rig. It would be like my own Land Cruiser gunners turret. Boy do I miss my turret and the free ammo.

I will have three hella black magics and two go-lights on the front of my rack. Two piaa rectangular lights on the rear. Roof top tent. Maybe an awning.

What do you guys suggest for me? other than fabricating one.

Thanks Mike

What was the reason for discontinuing the rack and tent sales?

Slee stopped selling the african outback Roofrack. :bang:I really wanted the full rack he had with the sunroof deal. I should of, would of. could of....Now its too late. That deal would have been perfect.
Just won a huge fight with the ARMY over pay. Actually the Secretary Of the Army did it for me. Good chunk of change coming in a couple weeks. :clap::cheers:************
I really wanted one of those racks. Nothing else fits the bill.
The ATV ramp roof rack might be my only deal, but I am not a fabricator. I really wanted that sunroof opening. Especially now that I might qualify for a disability hunting permit and can shoot from my rig. It would be like my own Land Cruiser gunners turret. Boy do I miss my turret and the free ammo.

I will have three hella black magics and two go-lights on the front of my rack. Two piaa rectangular lights on the rear. Roof top tent. Maybe an awning.

What do you guys suggest for me? other than fabricating one.

Thanks Mike

In defense of SLEE - funny how smart business guys only carry products that they can make money from, that come from reputable vendors or that perform well on their customer's vehicles. I am sure Christo ran into one of these issues. Might be smart to call him and ask which one it was!

If you are getting enough coin have Kaleb make you what you want:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/ih8mud-com...tion-releases-hi-line-premium-roof-racks.html

This is the rack you want. Kaleb makes extremely high quality products and it looks very similar to the outback racks. If I had the $$$ this is the rack I would buy.

I am currently running Kaleb's mule gutter mount clamps attached to an ATV rack like Johnny Lange did.

The J-Rack

You really don't have to be much of a fabricator to make one of these. It's pretty simple and Johnny walks you through it step by step. I used the same atv ramp he used and it works great.

DSCF3780.jpg

DSCF3679.jpg

DSCF3773.jpg
DSCF3780.jpg
DSCF3679.jpg
DSCF3773.jpg

I believe he sold his roof rack business to these guys Off Road Research and Equipment | Expedition One but I cant find racks for the 80 on their site. Anybody have any info? Can you at least get the gutter mounts? I'd like to get an aluminum rack,ss hardware etc. I live by the coast SWFL and if its steel it turns to rust in short order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom