FJ Cruiser Roof Rack on 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would an FJ Cruiser roof rack fit on an 80? I like the half lenght design of the FJ where just the two pols run forward and the actual storage rack is in the back. It would clear the sun roof this way and I just like the half look design? Or do I have to clamp something off of the rain gutters?
2007-FJ-Cruiser_roof-rack.jpg

thats funny... i was thinkin about this not too long ago. I think that the fjc s roof is more rounded so it probably be a bit of fabbing stuff up.. just an opinion though

Yep, very curved. You would have to make "shims" to level it out.

Then if you did that, you would still have to contend with the appearance of the upper curve on a relatively flatter surface.

The FJC's supports are completely different as well. I don't think an FJC rack on an 80 would be well supported, so the weight limit would be small.

Would the roof of the 80 be strong enough to support any substantial weight? I thought factory rack was only rated up to 200 lbs.

Would the roof of the 80 be strong enough to support any substantial weight? I thought factory rack was only rated up to 200 lbs.

Technically no, most guys use the gutter mounts that will hold considerably more weight. I would not trust the fjc rack on sheet metal for carrying heavy loads, but it looks cool!

100 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom