Center Differential Lock (CDL) & 7 Pin Mod Video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What switch did you swap it with and what happened to the original switch?

What switch did you swap it with and what happened to the original switch?
The up down antanae button was top right, but the cdl switch plug is too short to put in the bottom, so I moved the up down antanae switch to the bottom right and put the cdl in the top right.

Chris

WOW your fast..

I haven't really found out what the benefit is for doing this with a LC without lockers. Can someone fill me in?

The switch gives you the ability to lock the center diff in Hi-Range, which makes a difference in snow and mud where momentum is key :cool:

The 7-pin mod lets you unlock the center diff in Lo-Range, which allows you to make tight turns that would otherwise load up the driveline with unnecessary stress :eek:

Great video btw :)

beats the hell out of a write up if you ask me

WOW your fast..

I haven't really found out what the benefit is for doing this with a LC without lockers. Can someone fill me in?

Low range without locking the CDL. Good for maneuvering a heavy trailer, or in tight spots. That's the whole point of the pin 7 mod.

I sped it up a bunch obviously, so if anyone thinks it's too fast and overlooks any parts or is confusing, just let me know.

Chris

Hey Boone,

Do you get out and wheel much around here? I'm in Boone, NC too. We ought to get together and wheel sometime once I build mine up.

Chris

The switch gives you the ability to lock the center diff in Hi-Range, which makes a difference in snow and mud where momentum is key :cool:

The 7-pin mod lets you unlock the center diff in Lo-Range, which allows you to make tight turns that would otherwise load up the driveline with unnecessary stress :eek:

Great video btw :)

Front and Rear feed is different in low the high without having lockers? I've never noticed the rear tires to slip and then the front end kick in like the :princess:'s Exploder does.

off topic, but i saw this while watching your video (which is cool, as compared to this) :

why?????? eish, ih8mud.

To give the kids some laughs?

...and some people wonder why these vehicles have head gasket issues. :p

This video, given it's speed, is begging for the Benny Hill theme song for background music. :p

Excellent job Chris. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million.

--Mark

Last edited:
I sped it up a bunch obviously, so if anyone thinks it's too fast and overlooks any parts or is confusing, just let me know.

Chris

The only problem I see is a lot of wrenching--good that it was sped up. The crucial spots like the pin 7 mod and the switches were sped up too. The ratios weren't good--the mods were over too quickly, the wrenching/screwing not over quick enough. I don't know how your video editing kung fu is, but it would be nice for some real speed or even slow mo shots for the actual wiring parts.

Glad someone posted a video of how to do something! Thanks for sharing.

Great job. Is that wood crap OEM? I've never seen it with screws either. My dash doesn't have any wood crap on it, thankfully.

Good video, agree 100% with this.

The only problem I see is a lot of wrenching--good that it was sped up. The crucial spots like the pin 7 mod and the switches were sped up too. The ratios weren't good--the mods were over too quickly, the wrenching/screwing not over quick enough. I don't know how your video editing kung fu is, but it would be nice for some real speed or even slow mo shots for the actual wiring parts.

Glad someone posted a video of how to do something! Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom