Trans cooler hose diameter/size - '93 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tore the front end apart to do some painting and finally mount my winch. I figured while i had it apart i might as well replace the original tranny cooler hoses since they were right there. The hoses appeared to be 3/8 but when i got home, they do not fit really at all. Can someone tell me the proper size/diameter hose? (I checked the FSM and could not locate a reference)

Thanks!

Thanks!!! That did the trick!

Does anyone know where i can find 10mm tranny cooler hose ? I have called just about every parts place in So Cal with no luck.

Bump for help....I called the dealer and they want $95 and $48 for the hoses! I know we can get a better deal from CDAN but stilll....

I bought 3/8" oil hose at NAPA which I used for my PS system. I reused the OEM trans cooler hoses when I replaced the hardlines for the trans cooler.

The hose is crazy expensive....I used some earl's stuff...3/8 inch and it was like 3 plus bucks a foot....

Ya...I called the dealer today and was told $98 for one and $45 for the other...That is just robbery at this point. I might end up getting some 3/8 and 7/16 and see which fits better.

Bump..

Cut the 3/8 hose to the length you need. Put it in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds; it will slide right on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom