Fan Clutch ID help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased some 10,0000cst silicone oil to service my fan clutch last week.

Today I removed the fan clutch. To my surprise, there are no Aisin markings on it. To open it required me to remove 4 T25 machine screws. The insides look nothing like the Aisin clutches people have posted up (blue hub or otherwise). I can't believe it's some aftermarket cheapo, since the PO was an ardent supporter of OEM parts. I'll try and contact him and Powder Pig (who built the motor).

In the meantime, any help is appreciated. Unfortunately, it does not appear to have any adjustment.

Here are some pics of the insides of the two parts:
IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG
IMG_2850.JPG
IMG_2851.JPG

It's an original unit, made by Eaton. Looks to be in good condition, fill with 10K and run it.

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin, Ijust found an old thread with a pic of one.

As one of the clutch gurus, what are your thoughts on this clutch?

I'm replacing the fluid in it regardless as I've got the goop and I wrestled it out of my SC'd Cruiser already.

I think I should order a Blue Hub, but with winter here it will be hard to tell how this one performs until spring.
Thanks,
Nick

All of them that we have refilled with 10K are working just fine. IMHO the blue hub is slightly nicer made, but the Eaton's work, preform well with 10K fluid, so if it's in good condition see no reason not to run it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom