RPL OE Muffler only, size, noise, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need HELP-RPL O.E. Muffler, size, noise, etc

Guys (and girls?),

It's shot, the muffler on my LX450. Resonator and pipes still look good.

I'm going to get a muffler from Summit, and what I'd like to know is if the inlet and outlet pipe are both offset on the stocker? The truck is not my DD and it's about 25 miles away so I cannot get under it now. I'm trying to get the new muffler so it can be put on this weekend. I know that the inlet is offset but not sure on the outlet.

Back to it...the inlet and outlet...both offset or just the inlet?

Diameter of the stock muffler pipes...anyone know? 2.25 or 2.5 inch?

I know the case of the stocker is around 24" long so I'm trying to stay around that size and end up with a truck that is not annoying loud.

I plan to replace the entire exhaust at some point but cannot drive it with the current stock car sound, so I'm looking for a band-aid that will last a year or so.

And yes I posted muffler questions before so don't slay my asrsh for asking more peeps.

Last edited:
C'mon help a brother out I'd like to order this tonight!

Ok, thanks for no help at all with this LC peeps.

Nonetheless, here's what I can do to you help any of you get a cheapie muffler to replace your stocker and retain all the original pipes.

I picked up Summit Racing PN WLK-17749 for $53.95 and it fits pretty well (it is oval however) and is really not loud at all. I really cannot tell any more noise from the stock exhaust actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom