After market products Rear A/C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want a Landcruser 80 seies (cost + capabilities) but find myself stuck with no creature comforts for the family

I live in Texas and need a rear a/c systems to keep things confortable throughout the cab.

Is their a rear system I can install to update the 80?

Austin, TX

Bring the JDM in :grinpimp:
JDM_Rear_AC_011.JPG
JDM_Rear_AC_022.JPG

LX_TREME- have you done this, or anyone you know in the US? Do you know the approx. cost?

Very EXPENSIVE! Cool, but expensive. I haven't done it, but have read a few threads discussing it. Ask Mot about details as he is in Japan.

On a previous thread, someone said some of the older Toyota vans (the 80s box type I believe) have self contained rear-air units that may be able to work in an 80. Has anyone looked into this? I've been meaning to, but no time.

1997 GXR in Kuwait and you can see the rear AC tube! Factory rear AC!

2007_01030009-medium.jpg

LX_TREME- have you done this, or anyone you know in the US? Do you know the approx. cost?

Alaska sorry for late reply.Nope don't know anybody in the U.S and no I haven't done the mods yet.

The interior parts pic's I posted above not too hard to get but the hardest thing to do the aluminum ac cold, heater pipe, or the small floor pipe, those I dont know how to do it (may not easy to do it)

I live in San Antonio. You'll be fine if your AC system is in good working order. My kiddo stays comfortable in the back seat with a "front only" system. I've never had an issue with the factory system not keeping up with the heat.

I want a Landcruser 80 seies (cost + capabilities) but find myself stuck with no creature comforts for the family

I live in Texas and need a rear a/c systems to keep things confortable throughout the cab.

Is their a rear system I can install to update the 80?

Austin, TX

I'm not sure what's going on there.

What's making it cold? Where's the compressor?

There is a separate evaporator with a blower motor, look at LX's top right picture. This means there are freon lines that tie this evaporator in to the main system, using just the one compressor. I would have to guess that Toyota would have then also used a larger compressor.

Rear a/c kits were being sold for PHp50,000 (Philippine Peso) up until recently.

I've not seen the ads lately.

Bear80 is correct. Land Rover uses the same set up for its rear air systems. There are extended AC lines that tap into the system in the engine compartment. I believe you add additional freon to fill the circuit and the stock compressor is used for both front and rear.

Those items (and the pics) that LX posted above look familiar for some reason.:flipoff2:

I've picked up those pieces with intention to put them into my rig, but they've been collecting some serious dust. I still would like to look into what else is needed (piping, etc...) to make it all happen though, some day.;)

I've got the rear most widow areas' interior panels and other stuff taken out to get the 3rd-row seats in, so I might see if I can fudge what I have in there and take it from there.:hillbilly:

My 80's AC freezes me out on hi. Maybe the one's you are looking at the AC is not working well.

Come by our club meeting and look at some more 80s. Meeting information is at the bottom of the page: http://www.lslc.org/austin/calendar.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom