Bye-bye old headgasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Everything brand new except the 1FZ block :flipoff2: :grinpimp: just like rolled off the showroom very quiet and also she runnin much stronger than before, I'm very happy :D
Headgasket_7 003.jpg
Headgasket_7 011.jpg

Looks like your work is a little sloppy my man :flipoff2: You have a leak down there
engine.jpg

Last edited:
What did you do to the valve cover? It looks sharp.

:eek: Now thats an engine you can eat off of...

I don't think that engine was ever that clean.....

good job... you should pat urself on the back :cheers:

Congrats and what a great job!

that HG looks pretty good to me... is there damage where your finger is that i'm missing?

oh yeah, I remember reading about that- sorry forgot. Man, great job, very impressive! You've got another 20 years on that truck!

Alright, make us all feel a little better and tell us how much your net cost has been so far :flipoff2:

wow--that's awesome! hmmm . . . if the clear on my wheels doesn't work out, maybe I'll go black chrome powdercoat . . .

Amazing! Great work. Thanks for sharing!

Alright, make us all feel a little better and tell us how much your net cost has been so far :flipoff2:

You might want to PM him about this....

Though another way would be to collect the parts that you need, list them out and call Dan regarding the prices of each. Then you'd have a rough estimate (not counting fluids, replacing hoses, high quality hose clamps, and misc. cleaning supplies, along with machine shop costs....).

I'd guesstimate: $4000

Yup, last time when I dropped the tranny and replaced leak from rear main seal look what I found out :eek:

What a great picture of the PHH as well :)

Great job there! What color is that powder coat on the valve cover?
And oh.......by the way ..............:flipoff2: for a clean job!
Amazing!

pssst........ (More pics please?):D

The only thing that doesn't look you just drove it off the showroom floor is your power steering reservoir! :eek:

I am in awe! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom