'96 4Runner Jack Factory.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Threads
" Makes some growling noise when decelerating....."

ICK! :eek:
B4run01.jpg
B4run02.jpg
B4run03.jpg

Only has 3/8" side to side play in the carrier bearings...

Tru-trak bolts have backed out....
B4run04.jpg
B4run05.jpg
B4run06.jpg

That's quality carnage! I do good work! :D :D Just like the 1994 I goobered up!

Thanks for getting into that so quickly, Steve!

Even more.....

Best bet would be to find a whole used third bud...this thing is full-on JACKED....The DS carrier bearing broke and has ruined the bearing bore...I do not think that I could possibly get a decent pattern with a new carrier and gear set in this housing.....
B4Run07.jpg
B4Run08.jpg
B4Run09.jpg

Wow, Brian thats to bad. Steves right I'd start looking for a different third.

Good Luck

Wow, Brian thats to bad. Steves right I'd start looking for a different third.

Good Luck

Day-yum!!!! :( :(

Steve - is that an 8.4" ring gear or an 8"? I can't remember what these have...

OH thats ugly!

I have seen 4 ARB's do similar. One had the ring gear bolts back out. The other three had the carrier bolts come out. My hypothesis is the Aluminum carrier on those heating and contracting causing the bolts to loose torque.

Not failure with the True track Cast iron it looks like. This just a didn't think to lock tight issue?

I have seen 4 ARB's do similar. One had the ring gear bolts back out. The other three had the carrier bolts come out. My hypothesis is the Aluminum carrier on those heating and contracting causing the bolts to loose torque.

Not failure with the True track Cast iron it looks like. This just a didn't think to lock tight issue?

Improper install is the likely cause of these failures that you have stated about the ARB, as there are not any aluminum components in the ARB, and if red locktite was used properly, ie, the bolt holes cleaned/degreased a bolt will not back out if torqued and locktited in place…

What aluminum carrier are you talking about? Toyota does not use an aluminum carrier or center section...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom