Body Graphics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen a few cruisers with some really bad 1980's striping/graphics.

Some of them are just stripes, others say "land cruiser" in some weird font.

I think they are really cool, the uglier the better. Are they a Canadian thing?

Are these available anywhere, or does anybody make reproductions?

mine has the disco style stripes. My dad is the original owner and he said the dealer put them on before he bought it.

pics in my sig

I owned a RootBeer 84' with the multi-color brown/tan disco stripes, and my current silver 87' had black and red stripe with a fade stripe below it. Ugly as homemade soap.

I sold the brownie before I stripped it, but I owned the silver one less than a week before I stripped them off. I guess I prefer the solid color.

Both were US trucks.

Hodag

Thanks LnMsjf, I will try to find something I like and forward to you. My truck is the two tone light and dark metallic blue, so I have to think of something. Gold maybe?

I've seen the stripes - have to say I'm a fan - could you post a link to one of the weird font land cruiser decals?

The one I have seen with the "Land Cruiser" in what looks like some kind of sans-serif, Eurostyle font, is parked at SOR.

I am going to SOR anyway Monday, will post some pictures. It has the two-piece 16" rims, and the 3rd row seat bubble roof, I think it is from Saudi Arabia.

I sense a market here, albeit small. Anyone willing to make a couple of templates could probably sell some. I can do it, but no time, am willing to pay for ready to apply designs. Rub on transfer or something. Not peel and stick.

I will post and send pics to LnMsjf.

Mine is blue with the white inset with just a real faint light blue pinstrip on the inside of the white. I think it's sweet without being too disco, I'll try to post some pics later

I always liked them....think it looks cool. I really like the blue funk going on above.

I am not sure, will conduct straw poll with you all, here are the choices: (keep in mind I have the two-tone light and dark metallic blue cruiser, blue leather interior) (disco1 disco2 and disco3) (Personally I like when the color clashes with the paint)

Last edited:
disco4 and disco5

I would like to thank the owners of the photos for allowing me to post them:)

Its all up to you guys. I can't decide. Long Live Disco.

Last edited:
disco 3

i also would go with disco 3. I wish mine was that color, cause I want those!!

I like Disco style 1, myself.... If you are going to do it up, do it up big.... Go gawdy as hell.... your cruiser deserves nothing less.

I think 1 and 3 are pretty similar - almost identical, it's just that the paint matches the lighter color on #3. I like 1 as well. although 5 is also cool, and a little more subtle. I guess it depends on what you're aiming for. I agree, go big.

On a separate note, how do you get those cool sliding rear windows? Are they available anywhere?

Looking at them now, I think they are identical, 1 and 3. I have a two tone blue cruiser, so maybe metallic gold and brown? Metallic gold and white? Gold and burnt orange?

The sliding windows you can get from SOR.

Thanks for your input. Going big.

I vote 1 and 3 they are not identical. but very close. My cruiser has a similar set-up as BlueBoxfj60 I actually got a pic of his cruiser since mine was very similar. However, mine isnt a sticker it is paint. Although I cannto confirm it is 100% original.

March06108.jpg

thats one from this weekends trip :)

I had some sweet dealer stripes on mine when I first bought it, but I reluctantly got it painted because it was so faded. I am considering having it reapplied one day though. It just gives 60s and 62s such a vintage look that I love.

dude i want one on my 62!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom