Window guides / regulator issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents,
I am trying to sort out some issues with the front passenger window on an 87 fj60. I have pulled the door panel and the regulator seems to be working fine but the window runs "off track" (falls into the cab and jams) when you attempt to roll it up. The guides/ tracks look ok individually, but when I reset the window into them they appear to be too far apart inside the door(font to rear on the truck).
Having said all that, I have some questions...

1. Has anyone run into this problem?
2. Are the guides adjustable? If so, what is the preferred method of adjustment?
3. If they are not adjustable is there a recommended vendor you would contact/ part number(s) you would be looking for?

Thank you in advance,

I've reasssemble a couple of the window works and not encountered any problems or seen a way to adjust them. From what you describe, I wonder if you might be missing the rubber channel that fits into the steel guide? It's a different piece from the fuzzy one inside the window arch.

I suggest posting some pictures and see if anyone notices anything amiss. Maybe check the bottom of the door for rubber bits.

There IS a rubber strip on the bottom of the window - and that rubber strip is attached/pinched into some sheet metal which has little tabs on it that bolt to the window regulator. So the window, by way of a sheet metal strip attached to it, is attached to the regulator by two bolts (one front and one rear).

Let me finish breakfast and I'll snap a couple pics for ya'.

Best,
TDC.-

ALso see FSM

Page BO-7, step 11 in teh FSM will help ya' too.
I can never remember who, but someone on here has the FSM linked in their signature line. Search and you will find...

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Hope this helps.
Travis.-

Sweet on the pics Travis! I am going to have to replace this one mine when I get the truck next week.
There are a number of guys that have it linked in there signatures, SpikeStrip/Reevsci/beno and a I am sure many others..

The connection (2 capscrews) between the regulator & window is sound. As a matter of fact I had to remove the capcrews to get the window back in the guides and then re-install them. If I guide the window by hand as it goes up once the top of the glass strikes the upper seal it will stay in place fine. (you would not know there is problem)

The guides all have a black/ rubber channel in them.

Ok so from what you are describing this sounds similar to the issue with the rig I am picking up. PO said that he had it looked at, and the teeth on the regulator arm were warn so it was not going up properly. I have a new regulator coming just after I get the truck so I will see what happens when I replace the regulator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom