Wet Floor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know a few people have written in regarding having wet carpet, the first time i took my car 4wdriving through puddles the next day the drivers side and passenger carpets were both wet. I checked under the car no ovious signs of holes. Its a HJ60, were else could the water be getting in my car i dont like it my car STINKS bad in the hot days now.

Do you have the factory Non USA sliders? When I had them installed the always leaked when they got got wet.

andrew7elk said:
Does water get in when it rains? or just when your off roading???

mine does when it rains and collects in the front foot wells. the window seals are all good. any ideas? ive resorted to replacing the rotted carpet w/ towles during rain storms.

Check your rain gutters. The 20 +/- year old gutter caulk may be cracked or dried which could allow water to run in. After passing through the rain gutter it channels down the A pillar, behind the dash, and finally down to the floor. Having racks clamped to the gutter can add to compromising the integrity of the gutter.

mine does when it rains and collects in the front foot wells. the window seals are all good. any ideas? ive resorted to replacing the rotted carpet w/ towles during rain storms.

Also check your weather striping around your doors... if it is missing or cracked it could possibly be the problem. And if it is the problem you can always buy plain old weather stripping from an auto store.. you dont have to get the factory Toyota stuff!

Yeah, I have some hairline cracks in mine as well. What can we do to repair this problem?

:beer:

In the past I've used some kind of 3M gutter caulk - can't remember the name of it right now. It's intended purpose is to seal the gutters and it's paintable. You want something that can be painted. Go to a good auto parts store and ask. I've purchased this 3M stuff at NAPA.

3M Seam Sealer. It comes in a tube and is found a automotive paint supply places.
Get a garden hose. Dry everything off inside, have wife or someone start at the bottom corner of windshield with water barley on and work their way up slowly. You will find the leak. I found that on my 62, the water was coming in from under the windshield gasket, therefore not seen while driving. I replaced the gasket with new and no leaks. The gutters can leak, but I would check door seals and winshield seal first.

Sealing rain gutter

disolved some parafin wax in lantern fuel ( No Smoking ! ), made a soupy goop.

Put paper/cardboard on floor/driveway under "A" pilar/door hinge area

Painted/poured goop in gutter channel at top of "A" pillar', let run down.

No More Wet Floors When it Rains !

Hurricane Frances & Jeanne Tested !

I have had the same problem, a wet driver's side floor after a rain. After talking with a windshield installer I just happened to meet one day after hours, he asked me if I had ever had my winsheild replaced, I said yes. He said most installers don't take the important step of sealing the gasket with an adhesive silicone sealant because it is a hassle, and most times people never know the difference. He said that the next time I have my windshield installed because of rock chips, etc, to ask the installer to seal it with sealant, and perhaps even hang around and make sure he does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom