Can't Make Up My Mind on Which Wheels to Use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is for my 83 FJ60...

Should I go with the Eagle Alloys or the other wheels (not sure what brand they are). Eagle Alloys are 15X8 and the other wheels are 15X10.
IMG_1530.jpg
IMG_1795.jpg

Running 33X12.50 tires...

I like the first ones better. But then again the 12.5'' wide tires would look better with 10'' wheels. The 8'' wheels could be a little too skinny for those tires.
I would use the eagle alloys and 33x10.5 tires;)

I have the first set of wheels you posted on my 60 on with 33x10.5's

I like them alot.

The second set are really funky lookin wheels!

VILKAR does make a point about the wheel widths though. Maybe you can find someone to trade?

I have had no trouble with 12.5's on an 8" rim, regularly aired down to 15psi on the beach too. Tyre wear is great also. I do like the look of 10" rims on a 60 though...an extra 2" of polished wheel to drool over!

There's a guy around town with the second wheels and 35x12.5 tires. I think the wheels look a little too busy, but it's the right size for the tire.

I've had the eagle alloys for about 7 years on my truck w 33x12.50 BFG's... I recently bought the 2nd set of wheels off Craigslist and now I think they look a little too blingy. The problem is that I had given my son the Eagle's for his truck...

The 8'' wheels could be a little too skinny for those tires.
I would use the eagle alloys and 33x10.5 tires;)

VILKAR does make a point about the wheel widths though. Maybe you can find someone to trade?

I have had no trouble with 12.5's on an 8" rim, regularly aired down to 15psi on the beach too.

I've had the Eagle alloys for a good while with 33X12.50 BFG's and have not had any issues with the 8" wheel. Like Dousty, I've even aired down to 15psi when wheeling the rocks at Katemcy.

Thanks,
ML

Buy a set of 15x10 Eagle Alloys

Then you and your son can match :D

Buy a set of 15x10 Eagle Alloys

Then you and your son can match :D

That was what I would like to have done, but the bank (my wife) will not let me. Wanna trade???

Last edited:
That was what I would like to have done, but the bank (my wife) will not let me. Wanna trade???

I have 15x8 with 33x10.5

I like my set up :D You should copy it!

I have the series 185 on mine, and while I don't really like the look of that machined outer ring, they actually protected the the tire and wheel on the Rubicon trail. Need to paint them black and lose some bling.

I like em both ... And I think the 15x10 look better ... But both of mine are 589'sLOL

If your going to run 12.5s, I'd go for the 8" rims. The tires stay on better when you air down with the narrower rim.

I like the first photo best. The unknown wheels are too busy. Also, I appreciate this question. I've begun the process of determining which size wheel/tire combo to buy. I gather that a 15/10 will suit my needs. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom