40th Birthday Present (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some of you know that I bought a single owner farm-used FJ62 about 2 years ago. Since that time, I gutted the interior and sent it off full of parts to Mudrak in Sonoma. Got it back yesterday - on my 40th birthday. What a perfect present.

Gary not only installed the OME Heavy kit, he rebuilt the front ends (from birfs out). We installed new rims (fronts w/ 1/4" spacers) and tires. ARB winch bar and Warn winch. ARB roof rack. Rear bumper made by 2badFJs. Rear interior with leather seat kits by AATLAS1X. Custom door panels and new carpet.

OH, the interior was brown. Now it's gray!

He also blacked out the entire truck. We added sliders and what else... Oh yeah, she got a whole new paint job (original color). Rear 3 windows were tinted, but not as dark as I like, so I'll probably go much darker on rear 5 windows.

The engine got all new rubber and belts, spark, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, etc...

Gary is pretty attentive to detail. While I classify myself as incredibly anal, he's pretty close. He replaced the antenna with a new one because it wasn't working 100% (only partly), he replaced all the side indicator lights with new ones because they were drying out. He Lined all the doors so they're more solid, less tinny and definitely quieter.

It's a whole different truck from the one I took there nearly 2 years ago. Highly recommend his work, especially if you're not in a hurry. He has so much backlog (over 2 dozen 40's and 60's in the shop) I don't know where he finds the time.

So enough talkin'. Here are some pics.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

New home:
web.jpg

Now I get to tackle the parts in my garage:
Hellroaring dual battery kit
H4 lamp upgrade with upgraded harness.
CB
New stereo & speakers
fogs, rear lamps, auxiliary lamps.
Rowland's rear storage (already has it in the gate).
and other little things.

I'm going to TRY to take this week off work and tackle as much of this as possible. Stay posted here for updates...

Last edited:
Pix is Nix

bill?

i wish i had the same present on my 40th,since you have someone do all the work if you dont mind sharing how much was the total bill not including the purchase price?just out of curiousity why im asking. can't see your pics.:D

X2 on these pix are nix

Pics should be working now. Sorry for the tease. Total cost is still going up as I have lots more to do.

We're over $25k in at this point. The major cost was changing the interior from brown to gray and re-painting. Take those out, and this would be in the mid-high teens I think.

Robert

Really nice work they did for you. Wow!

That thing looks new...now go out and dirty her up!

:eek: Amazing!

Happy B day nice gift!

Dynosoar:zilla:

well my 50th is coming up... anyone???

Exactly what I picture for my dream truck. Very nice.

I'm looking to get into something similar, but have yet to land the perfect 62.

This is an awesome 60 man, wow. Just bought an 80 a few months ago and have continued eying this 60 that's been for sale in town forever...this makes it even more tempting. Perfection. Question though...is that an LR3 in the street ? (hope its not yours)

Very nice! I like the look! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom