upholstery shop in So. Cal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
next stage on the the cruiser update is the upholstery. i really don't like the replacement seats out there . So i leaning toward the redoing the Upholstery.

Any good recommendation? Someone that is not going to charge Hot Rod Prices would be nice.

Quick question for those who did this route?
How much did you pay? I was going to do the the front and back seats.

thanks ahead for the info..

I'd like to know, too...

Redo them yourself, it is very easy.

Step1: find good used covers - 2(usually a passenger seat)
Step 2: buy them and the foam -2 (passenger side only)
Step 3: remove your seats & remove upholstery
Step 4: Replace with good used stuff
Step5: put seat back into truck
Step 6: Drink a beer you are done and have good like new seats

**** don't buy driver side stuff no matter what it is always blown out*****

Dynosoar:zilla:

I know a really really cheap guy in Santa Maria who does pretty good work. About 2.5 hours from LA, but worth the drive if you have enough work. PM me if you want his contact info.

I've used Nacho's in North Hollywood several times for various projects over the years. NEVER an issue and always great prices. Nacho is getting on in years, but he's still there pretty much every day.

He's on Victory Bl just off the 170 near Whitsett Ave

I've seen Nacho's place ... Think I'll take my seats in and see what he says.

Thanks.

thanks Spike for the info..

I called Gabe place, a rough phone estimate lands me around $900-1300. They need a week to get done and a month to be schedule in.

I told him all cloth and maybe some bottom vinyl. and that i need the material first so i can embroider something on them.

what do you guys think?

thanks Spike for the info..

I called Gabe place, a rough phone estimate lands me around $900-1300. They need a week to get done and a month to be schedule in.

I told him all cloth and maybe some bottom vinyl. and that i need the material first so i can embroider something on them.

what do you guys think?

What does that include?

You should check into these Seat Covers.

I bought the 'Seat Cover Set - HFS Marine Vinyl - FJ60/62 - 3 Seats' and had someone installed them for $100.00 with new padding.

They're great if you go the the beach a lot and they do not stain.
LC-seats 002.jpg
LC-seats 001.jpg

There is a good shop in Ontario on Holt (south side of street) that does good work. Problem is I can't think of the name of the shop. I'm in Tombstone at the moment so when I egt back I'll drive by and post up.

Don

What color would you like?

Vinyl, Alcantara or leather or combination?

Stitching color?

Want a factory look?

Last edited:
hey dallen341

the Ontario location would be great since i am down the street. is it Rauls Auto Trim‎?

once i get quote i post it up so everyone can see it.

thanks

rick h

Yup, Rauls Auto Trip.

I had a loose roof cross member rattling around in the wifes FJ62 a few years back. Took it there on the recommendation of a friend (anal retentive vintage Mustang owner). They dropped the headliner and glued the cross member back in place and re-installed the headliner. Looked beautiful. Looked at a few other cars while I was there and everything I saw looked good.

I thought I'd update this thread because I had Nacho reupholster the driver seat and arm rest out of my 85 Mercedes. The seat also got new foam in the back and bottom. I'm very happy with the results. It looks and feels great. Out the door was $475. Just the seat skin alone would have cost me $325 + shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom