Weight of 3FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of pulling my 3FE/Tranny/Transfer in one piece and am looking to buy a hoist leveler to make it a little easier on me. What is the weight of this combination so I can figure out what kind of rating I need for my leveler, and does anyone have a suggestion for a good leveler?

Agreed get a good one with a good weight rating. Or you can use the jack under the transfer case trick that others have used. I think iaintscared has some pics in his write-ups. Also make sure you have some good chain and straps. I seen a few people out there try and use dime store rated chain before with bad results.

every land cruiser drivetrain component I have ever seen has been heavy. A 5.9cummins bent my hoist to the point where the boom wont slide anymore. That was just the engine. make sure you get a very good one. if you grab on at the right point, very close to the center of gravity you can just lift the whole thing out at once. Keep in kind that the big offset transfercase will make the whole thing rotate, a real big pain when your putting it back together.
cheers

I think my plan for getting it all out is to put a chain on the front and back engine hangers and another wrapped around the transmission and then put a jack under the transmission to help a little bit.

I have a leveller that LilJohn gave me but when I pulled a complete combo; motor, tranny, t-case, I went with the chains and a small com-a-long to the rear hook. It's really heavy, long, and awkward and you don't want to risk a hoisting failure.

Make sure your leveller is rated for the weight and replace the probable crappy chains it comes with, with good grade 70 stuff and you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom