Master clutch for 5/85 which part is correct? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 5/85 FJ60 and I need to replace the clutch master cylinder. JToutfitters lists one that is for 81-5/85

Clutch Master Cylinder Toyota Land Cruiser 81-5/85 FJ60 FJ40 - JTOutfitters

while SOR lists one for 4/85-87

Specter Off-Road-Land Cruiser Parts - Search On-018-01

Where does my 5/85 fall? The early production clutch M/C or late prod. part? I want to make sure I get the right part the first time.

I am looking at one on ebay listed as 85-87. It is a Raybestos. Is this brand worth anything? Or should I go with the Napa brand 24.99 + ~20.00 freight!!?

I have no insight, but I have to replace the same on my rig and I'm using importedcarparts.com. They sel AISIN parts for real cheap. Master and slave cylinder together for $85

It looks like the change occurs in 4/85.
clutch master cylinder.JPG

Thanks guys. :beer::beer:

Hopefully, this post will help any other 5/85 ers out there needing to replace their clutch master cylinder. Looks like JT outfitters has an incorrect listing.

I went with Imported Car Parts. I just got the Aisin clutch master and slave cylinder delivered yesterday. Real good prices. I also picked up 8 radiator drain cocks. I want to have those on hand next time I drain the radiator for whatever reason, although my permatex job on the old cross-threaded one is still holding up.

One thing Imported car parts screwed up was the radiator cap I ordered. The one I got is way too big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom