passenger side seat foam/cover used for drivers seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did some searching and there has been mention of this but I couldn't find a full write up so here I go...

This is an incredibly simple solution (1 :banana: job), and there seems to be plentiful amounts of decent passenger seats still around.

This works well for the all too common worn out drivers seat, comfort level was greatly improved and it still appears nearly original.

The only place that tells on you is small puncture hole for one of the bolts from the passenger side original install, but it's between the seat and console and isn't really visible.

Before and After:
before_sm.jpg
after_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Only tools/parts needed that you may not already have are the hog ring pliers and some new hog rings. I picked up both of these at my local Ace Hardware for less than $10.
tools_sm.jpg

Basic steps are to remove seat, flip it over and remove the hog rings and slide rails. Remove the plastic cover from side and then remove the two 12mm bolts that hold the base to the top. On the opposite side there is a simple c-clip to remove.

Once the base is removed you can pull the old cover off, slip on the new foam and cover, start with replacing the hog rings from the slip of fabric that attaches in the middle. Then pull the rest in place and replace the outer hog rings.

Put the slide rails back on, reattach the base to the top (requires punching a small hole in the fabric for the front most 12mm bolt on the recline side), then put the plastic cover back on, reinstall in the truck and you're done.

Not much of a write up, but hopefully this will help someone save some $$ and get the drivers seat back in shape.

:cheers:
bottom_sm.jpg
side_sm.jpg
side2_sm.jpg

Couple more pictures: (bottom after new cover installed, proof this is from the passenger side and another after picture)

I have much larger pictures, if anyone needs more details, please PM me. I picked up the passenger side foam and cover from another MUD member parting out for about a 1/3 of the $OR foam replacement alone.
new_cover_sm.jpg
proofofswap_sm.jpg
after2_sm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom