propane daily driver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lately my father and I have been considering converting my cruiser to propane. After reading LT's post back from '06 it is starting to seem more like a real possibility. However would propane be a good alternative to gasoline as a daily driver or would I really see any benefits. This sounds like a fun and interesting project so if the cons are low chances are we will be taking it on any ways.

-Matt

From what I understand you loose very little to no horsepower with running propane,you might loose up to 1 mile per gallon and the motors seem to run cooler.

What is the current price of propane now?

I am no expert by far but it is a great alternative i feel.

That sounds like a great idea...my fuel lines are shot and gas is too much. I'd like to learn more about propane conversion...keep us posted.

From what I understand you loose very little to no horsepower with running propane,you might loose up to 1 mile per gallon and the motors seem to run cooler.

What is the current price of propane now?

I am no expert by far but it is a great alternative i feel.

I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone today to find out current prices or the rate of inflation on propane. I'll be calling tomorrow for sure though.

could you drop us a link to the post you read regarding propane conversion?

Dan

I use here in Peru propane in my FJ40 and goes excelent... even 4818 Meters over the sea (I think that's 15847-Ft)

I don't know if in the USA you use the same system...

2484903292_2a634a7f50_b.jpg

2484895188_7498d6cfef_o.jpg

2484074727_97b0ea160b_o.jpg

2484887670_6c233185b4_o.jpg

it's not very significant... 20% more less... because the landcruiser uses very cheap gasoline... like 3 dollars gallon Vs the expensive gasoline that is 6 dollars gallon...

it's not very significant... 20% more less... because the landcruiser uses very cheap gasoline... like 3 dollars gallon Vs the expensive gasoline that is 6 dollars gallon...

Well you guys in peru must have some great cruisers because mine runs like :censor: with anything lower than 91 octane.

Well you guys in peru must have some great cruisers because mine runs like :censor: with anything lower than 91 octane.

You need to adjust your timing.. A truck with as low a compression ratio as a LC should never need 91..
Unless the motor has been tweaked that is.

Propane is a neat fuel. But a serious pita if you cannot find a easy place to refuel..

I am running it on m 40. But I would never use it as a daily..

here we use 84 octanes in our LC :cool: and propane is like saying 105 octane... there's only one problem, the carburetor air intake is reduced by the propane element (my English is kind of poor )

You need to adjust your timing.. A truck with as low a compression ratio as a LC should never need 91..
Unless the motor has been tweaked that is.

Propane is a neat fuel. But a serious pita if you cannot find a easy place to refuel..

I am running it on m 40. But I would never use it as a daily..

You are probably right, though I have been told that I have an amazing feeling 2f by other cruiser folk with I had 87 octane in it. Maybe I'm just touchy;)

There is a propane station right next to my house and I will probably have plenty of tank to get me where ever I'm going and be able to find somewhere to refill.

I will probably have plenty of tank to get me where ever I'm going and be able to find somewhere to refill.

That probably is a bitch when it turns into an issue ;)

You are probably right, though I have been told that I have an amazing feeling 2f by other cruiser folk with I had 87 octane in it. Maybe I'm just touchy;)

My 87 runs damn good with the dirty water I put in it ( 87 octane ).

Wouldn't it be possible to do a dual fuel setup so that if you run out of one fuel one could just flip a switch and run the other? I wonder how much propane costs per gallon up here in the northeast. Where do you buy the conversion kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom