full cages... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting to be about time for a roll cage.
Its come down to the Metal tech and 4xinnovations full cages.

Wondering if anyone has experience with either?
Metal Tech is obviously the more noted brand, but the 4x innovations cage is a bit MORE inclusive for roughly the same design. For example they INCLUDE grab handles and the overhead bars where MT does not. Also, ALL the tubes on the 4x cage are pre notched where MT will have some notching to do....

Thanks for any input!

i personally dont know why everyone says full roll cage. if it does not go from bumper to bumper its not a full roll cage

i just had the metal tech installed, search for my build thread i have a few pictures posted. we changed a few pieces on the cage to make it stronger. also moved the grab handles to the top of the pillar because it was going to be useless IMO where MT puts them.

i had it installed by a LC shop.

i just had the metal tech installed, search for my build thread i have a few pictures posted. we changed a few pieces on the cage to make it stronger. also moved the grab handles to the top of the pillar because it was going to be useless IMO where MT puts them.

i had it installed by a LC shop.

Its the "add ons' that kinda irk me and the fact that they are "extras" with the MT cage. I get it...additional cost etc., but...

So youre happy with the install?
No major problems getting it in?

Ill be doing it myself.

Thanks,

Keith

Its the "add ons' that kinda irk me and the fact that they are "extras" with the MT cage. I get it...additional cost etc., but...

So youre happy with the install?
No major problems getting it in?

Ill be doing it myself.

Thanks,

Keith

im extremely happy with the install. it looks amazing, and extremely well built. shop said they had no issues with the install.

Photo-0152.jpg

i moved the location of the grab handle, felt useless where they put it. the rear diagonal bar faces the opposite direction than MT has it, came out looking much better than i imagined. then the rear cross bars we put diagonally.

i also had the frame time-ins installed

i think MT has discounts for certain things, worth asking before you choose who you go with.

Getting to be about time for a roll cage.
Its come down to the Metal tech and 4xinnovations full cages.

You forgot Redline. I just finished tacking mine together today. The only thing I am not happy with is the spreader bars above the passenger compartment are waaaay too close to the noggin. I will figure something out. I love the look of them but you can easily smash your head on them in a roll or collision.

I love the lines of this cage though and tweaked it a bit from their standard installs to appease my personal taste.
IMG_4622.jpg
IMG_4626.jpg
IMG_4632.jpg

Keith -

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been looking at the MT but the 4x looks promising too. I'm all about getting more for my money if its the same quality cage. I too will be welding it up so everything be pre-notched is a BIG plus. I'll be watching to see which route you go.

Nick

Drive down the hill and have FC Fabrication in Stockton build what you want. He can build it over and around your tranny hump while keeping your seat low.

Also check into SamCo in Reno.

Animal...
BOTH the guyz you listed are priced WAAAAAAY over my head. Not that they do not do good work, but they are just too expensive for my cheap ass.
Don is actually my hero for fab. He amazes me with every build he does.

I kinda stole his idea for the trans hump I just built.:D

You forgot Redline. I just finished tacking mine together today. The only thing I am not happy with is the spreader bars above the passenger compartment are waaaay too close to the noggin. I will figure something out. I love the look of them but you can easily smash your head on them in a roll or collision.

I love the lines of this cage though and tweaked it a bit from their standard installs to appease my personal taste.

I agree that looks great.
Ill have to mull that one over as well. I also really like the narrowing of the cage toward the rear. Just a little style point, and is part of the reason I like the MT cage so much. If only they included the over head bars in the price...
The redline cage comes WITH a great deal more from the specs.

So NO ONE has used the 4x innovations cage?

Still like to hear about them too.

im extremely happy with the install. it looks amazing, and extremely well built. shop said they had no issues with the install.

Photo-0152.jpg

i moved the location of the grab handle, felt useless where they put it. the rear diagonal bar faces the opposite direction than MT has it, came out looking much better than i imagined. then the rear cross bars we put diagonally.

i also had the frame time-ins installed

i think MT has discounts for certain things, worth asking before you choose who you go with.

BDS.
that looks AWESOME!
So you went with the full MT bling cage...as in every accessory?
Ill have to hit em up for the over head bars and see what they say. The funds are RAPIDLY diminishing for the build and I still have a LOOOONG way to go is why Im being so scrutinous on the items that come WITH the cage. Every little bit makes a difference.

Thanks for all the input gents!

Keith

BDS.
that looks AWESOME!
So you went with the full MT bling cage...as in every accessory?
Ill have to hit em up for the over head bars and see what they say. The funds are RAPIDLY diminishing for the build and I still have a LOOOONG way to go is why Im being so scrutinous on the items that come WITH the cage. Every little bit makes a difference.

Thanks for all the input gents!

Keith

yea it has every accessory, i got lucky and bought it still in the pieces from a guy local and saved about $300. im in the same boat as you, this cage literally killed my entire bank account for the cruiser. but at the moment i still have enough body work where funds should be back when im done. call and see what discounts they offer.

Metaltech's 60 cage has saved my ass more then once

Keith -

I emailed 4x innovations last night after I saw your post and he sent me some pictures of his cage in a 40. I'll post them up so you can take a look at them. Looks like they fit w/ no issues inside of a hard top. Price is right too. I hear you about getting the most bang for your buck.

Nick

I'm no metal expert so I will probably be corrected but it appears that for under $600 the metal tech cage is all made with DOM tubing which is much stronger than the similiar priced 4xinnovations cage which is made out of HREW tubing. If you want a comparable cage in strength to the Metal Tech one from 4xinnovations they make you upgrade to a $700 cage. It seems to me like you get what you pay for? I almost forgot but did not want to leave out the Redline cages as they are also well built out of all DOM tubing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom