Bellhousing problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im trying to remove the bellhousing clutch and flywheel from the engine but the engine is seazed and wont turn over. how can you remove the bellhousing from the motor without rotating it?

And also, how many bolts hold the bellhousing to the engine?

thanks in advance,:confused:

Other than dropping in the oil pan and removing what is preventing the crank from rotating, you really do not have any options. I mean, unless you come to terms with destroying the flywheel housing. Someone a couple years back posted up about taking a sledge hammer to the flywheel housing to get it off a stuck block.

There are four bolts that are behind the flywheel that retain the flywheel housing to the rear of the engine block, and there are two on the outside of the flywheel housing, for a total of six.

Forgive me, it's been a while since I've worked with a stock engine / trans setup. I remember when I replaced my clutch on my 2F I removed the trans from the bellhousing...why I can't remember.

Can you not remove the bellhousing with out first removing the clutch?

Can you not remove the bellhousing with out first removing the clutch?

as steve said, inorder to remove the flywheel you must first remove the clutch. so you are correct. and inorder to do all that you need to pull the tranny... so that is why you did that :)

as steve said, inorder to remove the flywheel you must first remove the clutch. so you are correct. and inorder to do all that you need to pull the tranny... so that is why you did that :)

No No I know that :D

I wanted to know in his situation why you couldn't just remove the bellhousing to get to all the clutch bolts in order to remove it?

No No I know that :D

I wanted to know in his situation why you couldn't just remove the bellhousing to get to all the clutch bolts in order to remove it?

there is bolts behind the fly wheel???? how you going to get at them without taking it off?

The Toyota flywheel housing IS NOT configured like the Chevy....

There are FOUR BOLTS, BEHIND the flywheel that secure the flywheel housing to the rear of the engine block that must be removed BEFORE you can get the flywheel housing off the rear of the engine block...

SEE!

attachment.php

:meh:

There are FOUR BOLTS, BEHIND the flywheel that secure the flywheel housing to the rear of the engine block that must be removed BEFORE you can get the flywheel housing off the rear of the engine block...

:meh:

you could drill holes big enough in the flywheel to back those bolts out... right steve... can I borrow a hole saw... :D

Awe I see!!! LOL! You didn't have to take your oil pan and the rest off just to show us! :lol:

Thanks...I forgot it was like that...Yes I think a hole saw will work great! ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom