Overseas Shipping of Car (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for experts on shipping cars overseas.

I found a vehicle in Colombia that apperently the engine number does not match the vehicle hense why the problem bringing back to the states....1980 FJ43. Not sure if this is the case or not. I'm still investigating. That and the vehicle is abandoned and can not reach the owner. Going to have to do some sort of lean paperwork on it to get the title.

None the less. I have the ability to take the engine out and bring the engine home with me and then have the car (enginless) shipped.

Of course when i get back to the states and register the vehicle am I going to run into any problems? I'm going to register it in Oregon, or North Carolina.

Any input appreciated. I'm going to try and get this thing wrapped up and legal so I can start yanking out the engine if need be and getting shipping lined up. I only have until the 25th of March to get a majority of it wrapped up.

Thanks

Addicted,

You'll probably receive more attention and better answers from the diesel section.

GOOD LUCK!!

I don't know how it is in Columbia but in Guatemala and most of Central America the vehicle title shows the VIN number, engine number, frame number and any other numbers. My Canadian title simply has the VIN number, nothing more.

If the engine number doesn't match it may mean it has a "grey market" or stolen engine in it.

According to the embassy who has done some work/investigations the engine is not the original but the engine is also not stolen. So I guess it just is a hold up on getting the paperwork changed around.

Well,

I'm ready for the car to come home. Due to some issues with the company that was going to ship it I need to find another company.

I sent a PM to Jsaltlick hoping for some help and am trying to reach some brokers here that were helping me out.

Anyone have any good brokers that could work a deal in Colombia? Vehicle is still in Bogota. I've got the money...I've got contact with the guy with the car and all the paperwork. Just need a borker company on that side to get it on the ship and the paperwork to my broker on this side.

Would preferr RORO and I will pick it up in Baltimore. Charleston is better but I don't think you can do RORO there.

Any help greatly appreciated. I've been trying to bring this truck home since February and I excited to fianlly get it here. Just in time to work on it over the winter I guess.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom