parking brake buzzer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
weknowsnow.com
parking brake buzzer? also lumbar support issue.. some mods

hello, i'm new and have been searching and researching all day with no luck.

i own a 2000 LC, and it started to do something strange the other day. now
when i turn the truck on and the parking brake is engaged, after all the
computer self check stuff is finished it gives an audible buzzer only when the
parking brake is engaged. this just started to happen and there are no
CEL or other indicators on the dash. whenever the parking brake is
engaged it sounds an alarm, regardless if it is in P, Drive or Rev.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the great info.

---

Just purchased LT285/75/R16's BFG TAs, moving up from stock 275/70/r16s.
Haven't done many mods except a cold air-intake, double din in dash DVD
(kenwood works while driving.. heheh), removed stock amp, replaced with MTX,
aux L/R and video inputs mounted on the back on the center console (vid
cam or xbox inputs), mounted a small power convertor inside the center
console..

i've also had the lumber support stop working, I saw some posts about
that... anyone find a solution? If i could fix this and the buzzer when
the parking brake is engaged i'd be stoked!! thanks

JP

Last edited:
Post pics of the dvd.

No idea on the parking brake. never heard a buzzer in the 99. Parking brake engaged or not.

uzj100

thanks for the reply:

i will post pics of the mods tonight..

my other question was:

is this normal functionality? having the buzzer go off when parking brake is on?
did I have a stuck buzzer for a few months and now it's working right?

any other 2000 or 1999 owners, do you hear an alarm when parking brake is engaged?

EDIT: i've taken it to multiple dealers and they are stumped. no idea
they couldn't even tell me if there was a parking brake buzzer or not

Last edited:
99 LX or 00 LC, niether have a buzzer for the P brake, I have driven off many times with the brake on....it just feels funny, no buzz.

But i will say the LX made a buzzing noise the other night, no clue what it was.

Buzz is caused by the left junction block . durring the manufactuer process in which the multi level plates were cut with a shear . this caused small hair like fibers to be loose in the junction block , in time they fall between two adjoining terminals ,,, symptom 1 buzz from combo meter when e-brake is used ,, symptom 2 one of the outer mirrors will stop working , symptom # 3 mirriors will not come back to center after reversing....
There are 2 toyota TISB s on this .
Out of warranty field fix is to take appart the left lower kickpannel and find the connecter that faces the front of the truck . it has a 10mm bolt that as you unscrew it backs the connecter out of the junction block,, EWD lists it as 2p , now take it out and smack it against the junction bolck one or twice , this usually causes the fiber to move from is current spot to a more netrual spot ,,,,, the reason to use the 2p for the improvised hammer is that it to has some fiber issues as well ..
this not working you have the option of replacing the junction block but $$$$$$$

coverd under factory for 50k miles

the tsib is to just replace it , if you want a copy send email to ejenkins@keyescars.com

wow thanks

thanks for the reply. that is great news, i'll take a look at that this weekend.
i apperciate your response and time. thanks again. i'll post my results

ps. I'm sorry can you define EWD? and are those TISB's available on-line?
i want to find out what else i've been missing (and my local dealer(s)
i'll send you an email thx

here are some pictures of my mods:

kenwood in dash dvd/wmv/mp3 (parking brake bypass mod)
indashdvd1.jpg

kenwood in dash (off)
indashdvd2.jpg

aux stereo/video rca inputs to in dash
aux_stereo_vidinput.jpg

intake system
intake.jpg

center console power convertor
powervertor.jpg

Last edited:
In reading this I thought it was a joke.......but its not is it? :)

fj55-100 said:
Buzz is caused by the left junction block . durring the manufactuer process in which the multi level plates were cut with a shear . this caused small hair like fibers to be loose in the junction block , in time they fall between two adjoining terminals ,,, symptom 1 buzz from combo meter when e-brake is used ,, symptom 2 one of the outer mirrors will stop working , symptom # 3 mirriors will not come back to center after reversing....
There are 2 toyota TISB s on this .
Out of warranty field fix is to take appart the left lower kickpannel and find the connecter that faces the front of the truck . it has a 10mm bolt that as you unscrew it backs the connecter out of the junction block,, EWD lists it as 2p , now take it out and smack it against the junction bolck one or twice , this usually causes the fiber to move from is current spot to a more netrual spot ,,,,, the reason to use the 2p for the improvised hammer is that it to has some fiber issues as well ..
this not working you have the option of replacing the junction block but $$$$$$$

coverd under factory for 50k miles

the tsib is to just replace it , if you want a copy send email to ejenkins@keyescars.com

in my 98 my lumber stopped working and would fry the fuse for all interior functions. it was casued by a wire in the back of the drivers seat that plastic coating was rubbed off and the wire was grounding out on the metal framing of the drivers seat. try that and see if that is the case.

and what type of intake did you put on? how much did it cost?

what the heck is a

EWD lists it as 2p

thanks for the TSBs, that rocks. i'll post results after this weekend's attempt.

the intake is from japan, i found it on ebay from a guy who imports jap LC parts
$70 US for intake

regarding the lumbar, thanks for the additional info.. i will take a look at that after
i try and replace the lumbar switch. I have a feeling the switch went out.

EDIT: I'm getting (5) new LT285/75/R16 BFG TA KOs installed as we speak
I'll post some pics of the new meat tonight when i get a chance.

Last edited:
Pimp no its no joke , it works ,
ewd 2p ,,,,,,, refers to the factoty wireing book ,, 2p is the toyota designation of that connecter , if i dig in my notes i can probally find the exact terminals that touch ,

fj55-100

fj55-100 thx for the reply. i did the repair procedure yesterday and i'm still getting the buzzer. i took off the front left kick panel, removed the front facing connector "2p" from the junction box. confirmed that i had an updated junction box. knocked the "2p" connector against the junction box a few times. replaced connector, still have issue. i will try using the air compressor to blow it out today. either way thanks

here are a few pics of my rig:
Sept.2005 010 (Medium).jpg
Sept.2005 011 (Medium).jpg

revival of very old thread. Any solution ever come of this?

Anyone else ever have this occur. Mine literally just started making the alarm when parking brake was engaged this morning. Never done it before.

revival of very old thread. Any solution ever come of this?

Anyone else ever have this occur. Mine literally just started making the alarm when parking brake was engaged this morning. Never done it before.
How did you end up resolving your issue @bgolf247?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom