Who has the Most Miles on Original AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How far have you gotten. I am at 173,000. Any thoughts on how long these things can last.

143000 but think it needs a flush and all new hydraulic fluid....but will remove it to install my new suspension soon so that wont happen.

That's about how far mine went on the original fluid, never changed. Then I gutted it.

143K and have changed fluid twice since new, most recently about a year ago. Still seems to work fine, but ride quality has deteriorated.

Mine has about 190k, and I believe it's the original suspension, but I've only had for about 4/5 months. Mine still works like a champ though

Rides well at 143k. I've done a flush at 140k. Actually thinking about doing another flush to ensure that all the fluid is removed from the shocks.

Smooth as silk. 167 miles. I changed the fluid out last year, will do it again soon.

Well I'll chime in with 200,000 and still functional. It will have to raise itself up a bit more often than it used to but 200,000 is more than I expected to be honest so I can't complain even if it's bottomed out tomorrow when I wake up (knock on wood).

It can still self level when a trailer is on the hitch as well. Every once in awhile it will go into the "hard as hell" mode but still tolerable and that doesn't happen all that often. Considering the mileage, the fact that it is a work truck and it starts it's day and ends it's day with a couple miles of washboard gravel road I'm impressed.

So far the only thing I've done is a fluid flush back in 2005/124,000 miles. Probably should do that again sometime soon now that I think about it. :hmm:

Well I'll chime in with 200,000 and still functional. It will have to raise itself up a bit more often than it used to but 200,000 is more than I expected to be honest so I can't complain even if it's bottomed out tomorrow when I wake up (knock on wood).

It can still self level when a trailer is on the hitch as well. Every once in awhile it will go into the "hard as ****" mode but still tolerable and that doesn't happen all that often. Considering the mileage, the fact that it is a work truck and it starts it's day and ends it's day with a couple miles of washboard gravel road I'm impressed.

So far the only thing I've done is a fluid flush back in 2005/124,000 miles. Probably should do that again sometime soon now that I think about it. :hmm:

Are you the original owner? Never had to replace any accumulators, height sensors, or any other parts of the system?

Are you the original owner? Never had to replace any accumulators, height sensors, or any other parts of the system?

Picked it up many moons ago with 60k (iirc) on it. Had Lexus pull the history as part of my PPI and no repair work on it at all (AHC or otherwise).

ETA: Didn't answer the other?'s: No never have changed any of the components.

I'm at 245k miles on original AHC system. I've added so much weight (220lb RTT, 80lb 270 awning, Front ARB Bumper, Winch, Sliders) and load up heavy with rock climbing gear, yeti coolers and kids who are getting older and bigger. I checked my pressures the other day and I've been riding around at 9 (in spec is around 6). Considering a delete and a new iron man foam cell kit but sort of still love this AHC system... especially when I add my trailer and it self levels. I may just swap torsion bars and rear springs for some stock LC100 and see if that helps get my pressures back to spec. I have been reading a "low" mode sometimes when fully loaded although it's barely sitting below Normal ride height. It's enough to get some tire rub when turning since I also recently upsized to 315/75r16 KO2s. Maybe it's time to just delete AHC and go to traditional suspension to ease my mind of something failing on the trail but I might just keep it awhile longer.... not sure yet.

78991229-906B-4D35-867E-C32EDF9CDFB5.jpeg

My 2006 made it to 231K miles before the shock developed a leak, but I think the sway bar link popping off might’ve caused that.

Check your neutral pressure, keep it in spec, flush the system and watch for signs of rotting lines. If you see it starts to rot, rub grease on it or spray it with fluid film to keep it from rusting out.

45A1B714-B5D1-42C8-B278-688891D329D2.jpeg

Replaced shock and flushed fluid and now she’s back to normal

3B196F5F-19CB-4D10-B982-8D480A5C85A4.jpeg

One of my 2000 Lexii has 380k on original AHC. If not mistaken, I have changed fluid once maybe twice. All AHC parts work, none have been replaced. However, it hasn’t been off road much at all.

Got almost 391k on my 2006 LX that's been sensor lifted for about 6 years now. Original everything on AHC system. Flushed system completely once and bled corners another time to check fluid condition. AHC still functions great after all these years.

Got almost 391k on my 2006 LX that's been sensor lifted for about 6 years now. Original everything on AHC system. Flushed system completely once and bled corners another time to check fluid condition. AHC still functions great after all these years.
Let’s see pic of the truck, that’s impressive for AHC, makes me more sure to keep it running

I'm at 245k miles on original AHC system. I've added so much weight (220lb RTT, 80lb 270 awning, Front ARB Bumper, Winch, Sliders) and load up heavy with rock climbing gear, yeti coolers and kids who are getting older and bigger. I checked my pressures the other day and I've been riding around at 9 (in spec is around 6). Considering a delete and a new iron man foam cell kit but sort of still love this AHC system... especially when I add my trailer and it self levels. I may just swap torsion bars and rear springs for some stock LC100 and see if that helps get my pressures back to spec. I have been reading a "low" mode sometimes when fully loaded although it's barely sitting below Normal ride height. It's enough to get some tire rub when turning since I also recently upsized to 315/75r16 KO2s. Maybe it's time to just delete AHC and go to traditional suspension to ease my mind of something failing on the trail but I might just keep it awhile longer.... not sure yet.

View attachment 3075119
If you're around 9 some King springs should be just the ticket. Quick and easy swap in the rear. If you've been ok with the handling up front then just crank the existing TBs up a bit. The stock LC100 torsion bars would be a significant overshoot, IMO. Too much spring rate and not enough force in the hydraulics for them to do their magic soaking up bumps. Cool pic!

I just hit 243k. Obviously not the highest here, but I think pretty impressive for an all original system minus a set of globes around 160k. Front bumper with bullbar, winch, full skids, group 31 battery, sliders, rear bumper with ridiculous accessory panel and tire swingout, ADGU SS1 Kitchen setup. Rides wonderfully even with plenty of old rubber still in the joints. If I had more time I'd proactively replace the height sensors, but I'll live on the edge for now and hope for the best. :)

1659412879888.png

Loading up in low:
1659412970612.png

Around 195k. Original "shocks" and globes. Just flushed fluid and upgraded to King springs. Works fine. Been debating AHC delete for a year now, but it's too comfortable on long trips.. worried about losing the plush ride.

Adding mine even tho it pales in comparison to others. 176k miles, new globes but original shocks. Oem TBs but LC springs in the rear. All pressures in normal range

Fully built with steel bumpers, steel roof rack, 12k winch , 40G LRA tank, ARB single drawer etc. Rang 7560lbs at last weigh in.

After ripping off a working AHC from my last truck (then at 238k miles) I regretted it, so I want to keep this one going.

You guys that are loaded up with weight and AHC still working properly… isn’t there a weight limit for the AHC before not wanting to go in High mode?

My ‘06 LX seems to have trouble going into H with our overlanding gear with no heavy bumpers, racks, etc. seems to be maybe 100 lbs extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom