Installed a RO water system under the sink (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been wanting to get a good quality reverse osmosis system at home. After doing some research, I found a good system at APEC.

I looked at the systems at Home Depot, Lowes, and Costco. Most of them have their own unique filter cartridges so you have to buy the replacements from them. They ranged from about $150-$200. Most of them were only 4 stages. :rolleyes:

The APEC has standard filter holders.
Comes with an extra set of the first 3 pre-filters
Made with top of the line NSF parts
It doesn't flush the RO membrane like some system but uses 4:1 ratio for waste water

The hardest part of the installation was drilling a hole in my porcelain sink for the facet. I got it installed and am very happy with the quality of the system.

If you are looking for one, then check them out.

I went with this unit:
RO-45 Premium Reverse Osmosis System & Drinking Water Filters
ro-v2-raulshadow-modified.jpg

If you do order one, please put it my information in the "Referrer name (if any):"

PM me and I will give you my email. Some extra filters would be nice for free.

Last edited:
Replacing the 1/4" line that runs to the faucet and fridge (if applicable) with 3/8" greatly increases the flow rate. Also, check the pressure in the tank (while empty, refer to your manual for instructions) and adjust if necessary. People are always amazed (and sometimes wet) when they first fill a glass from my taps. Most of the installations I've seen have a very low flow rate, especially from the fridge but sometimes even the sink tap dribbles out painfully slowly.

-Spike

Nice job on the RO system. I've installed many of these and it is well worth it. Water tastes so much better than the bottled ones and is much cheaper.

I have an RO unit for my reef tanks. I get good Lake Michigan water out of my tap and put it in a Brita container in my fridge. I think it tastes better. RO water is great for coffee and such, but is too tasteless for me. Besides I have to pay for all the water the RO unit rejects, coming in and going out.

The fish and corals dig the RO though. The water is amazingly clear.

Besides I have to pay for all the water the RO unit rejects, coming in and going out.

This is very true. The drain water here is reclaimed to water the grass and plants. This unit does not flush the membrane like other system but does use 4:1 ratio of water to clean the membrane. So 4 gallons of water is used to produce 1 gallon of filtered water. Have to see how my water bill changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom