Hickey sidewinder winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the really amazing part is that patent not only uses a 40 in its graphics, but the bezel is right side up!
pat.JPG

I believe I've got a manual with mine, I'll take a look, send me a PM if I forget.

Came across this. Pretty cool.

That is a pretty cool find, I've never seen one with a roller fairlead, that's what I was thinking of doing to replace the missing hawse-type thing that's missing from mine.

Here's what I have, doesn't look complete, but it's something.
Hickey Manual

My buddy has a sidewinder winch on his Bronco. He said he got it from Vic Hickey a long time ago. Ill ask him for some info.

kyle

The Hickey Sidewinder would be a good rear bumper winch IMO.;)

the side winder winch wasnt a bad winch however the germans used it at least since ww2 .you dont see them on the front because they were mounted in the middle and the cable went out front or back good luck with yours

Johnny with the lit for the win! Again!

That is some really cool stuff. Anyone ever seen the power steering kit they've got there? It sure looks like saginaw, but it specifically states "no cutting or welding"

Dan

I dont understand why no one starts to get them or a similar winch back on the market again.
They do have a bunch of pro´s like using them in both directions and less to zero problems with winch cable overlapping if you winch in an angle. (Isnt it always like that?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom