For Sale For Sale or Trade 1977 Celica GT Liftback with original Paint and Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi All,

Details. Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia. Price is $6,500

Here's an opportunity to own a very rare Toyota. I have a 1977 Celica GT Liftback in original paint with original interior and original motor with 90K on it.

I am third owner and have documentation from new including the signed warranty cards from Toyota. It has the original tool bag and jack.

002.jpg
[/IMG]

004.jpg
[/IMG]

005.jpg
[/IMG]

025.jpg
[/IMG]

026.jpg
[/IMG]

I pulled the motor so that I could pretty up the engine compartment.

The car had sat in a garage for 12 years and I performed the engine bay restoration 5 years ago. The car has about 1000 miles on it since I got it running and its only been to car shows.

Exterior: Original paint, has some bubbles starting but no holes. I've buffed it out, there's a few dings but its in very reasonable shape. The link below shows the worst of it. It has the halogen conversion, and I've converted the safety bumpers to smileys. These were sourced from Australia - chrome is very good with no rust. The louvers are Cragar and were NOS purchased off ebay. The glass has a light blue factory tint.

Wheels are Konig rewinds with Toyota centers. These have falken 512's on them and they're a great performer. The GT stripe is original and it still has the dealer option of the rub strip.

Interior: Original seats, carpet, floor mats, dash etc. and working Toyota Cassette. Headliner was replaced as it was sagging and the shifter boot was as well as it was cracked. It has the original shifter knob. There is no crack in the dash or any of the upholstery.

The ESP system works and will tell you if the battery is low, rad fluid needs attention, booster needs attenion, brake pads are too thin etc.

Engine: I had the head off to replace the head gasket ( precaution only) and redid the oil pan gasket, replaced the water pump, thermostat and all rubber. The rad is new, and brake, and clutch cylinders are new. The booster is new. All wheel cylinders and calipers are new. Fuel pump is new and comes with a genuine new replacement. Clutch is new and is a centerforce clutch. The carb is rebuilt and I have a rebuilt spare. I ordered brand new factory hose clamps to replace the not so nice ones and decals where necessary. It has a brand new 2.25 custom exhaust with magnaflow stainless 6" can, 4" stainless resonator and stainless tip (sounds great - not tinny but rumbly.

Driveline and Suspension: I have replaced all fluids - there are no leaks. Rear shocks have been replaced with Tokico performance units and I have new strut bearings and performance struts for the front.

Parts: I have a fibreglass chin spoiler, smog pump, some electrical components, the lower dash, mirrors, some chrome trim, speaker covers, wind shield, quarter glass, new stock springs and rotors and factory manuals.

I have the original bumpers and steel wheels which have been sand blasted and repainted

More pictures can be found here:http://photobucket.com/1977CelicaGTliftback

I am willing to sell or trade and make up the difference. I am looking for an 80 series in as good condition as this car with lockers and a full service history. Prefer no greater than 150K miles.

If I can't find the 80, I'll also take trade on 80 series front and rear factory or ARB lockers with 4.88's, harness and switches/compressor. We'll work something out.

Cheers,

John

Last edited:
nice car,l grew up drooling over them in Malaysia,especially the one with the twin Mikuni,solex ? carbs.....
twincam engine

DROOL! Nice ride, I sure miss mine!:crybaby:

Thanks for the praise guys. It feels a little strange selling - not something I thought I'd be doing.

I have another cruiser project calling and the Celica is taking up my work space.

If I can't find the 80, I'll also take trade on front and rear factory lockers with 4.88's, harness and switches, for an 80. We'll work something out.

Cheers,

John

To the top.

Cheers,

John

Man, I wish it was a little closer and not 4800 miles away so it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to ship, that is a sweet ride!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Last edited:
l have a 93 FZJ80 i bought here,lockers,hit in right front,it still drives,no frame damage,but it was sold as non repairable by autopac,to put it back on the road l can either change the body or frame,if l find a wrecked HDJ81,this would be a left hand drive diesel 80.
or take the body off and drop a fj45 cab n HZJ79 box on the frame.
can u use the 80?

you bet. I see you're an ARB dealer too. Lets chat.

All PM's replied too.

Other trades of interest are:

Factory lockers FR and RR, harness, and switches. 80 series

3 inch emu lift kit (heavy's) with castor correction and stabilizers

I could also go ARB lockers FR and RR, and compressor. 80 series

I will throw this out there for you to consider even though they are not what you are considering as a trade. 1st some of my ToYo Celica GT Lift Back history.

I owned a 1976 ToYo GT in the blue with white interior in W VA and just loved that car. It was a work of art, the Japs really did it right and I believe they make the best cars out there now. I have thought of finding a 76, 77 ToYo Celica GT in good condition for a daily driver. I was a paramedic and having causal sex with an RN and she liked it so much she asked me to help her find one, she ended up with a 77 in the silver. I remember the 1st time I got a ride in a ToYo Celica, must have been 1974/1975 a friend was driving my room mate and I some where and actually it was the other model a Corolla and while riding in it I commented on how different it was. It just had a feel of smooth, refined attention to detail about it. I have a BMW 323i in the driveway now and wish I would have bought a Jap car instead.

I would trade the 2000 BMW 323i Sport Wagon with 110K. runs rough, after market wheels and I also have a 1966 Mini Cooper S that was perfect before I had a garage fire from a motorcycle that caught fire. The Mini did not catch fire but a few windows broke, paint was damaged and some of the interior melted. No mechanical damage. The car has been disassembled and shell restored. If interested email me jim_sperry@hotmaiol.com or go to " http://sdrv.ms/KIQau9o " to to view pictures. I have 2 of the Mini before the fire and the rest are of the restored body. Everything is there minus 2 or 3 windows, a tire and some of the upholstery would need new covers, the frames, padding etc are fine. I would give you all the verbal/INTERNET help you need to to re assemble. All parts down to the nuts & bolts were refurbished or replaced in during a frame off resto 1997 to 1999. Once assembled it is a $20k to $30k resale value. I have another 2000 Mini Sport Pack that I am doing a Honda VTEC swap and thus having two Mini's is not for me now. I once had 3, the 66 Cooper S, the 2000 Mini Cooper Sport Pack (the last of the real Mini's) and a 2002 BMW Mini Cooper S. My 1st Mini was a 1961 I got in 1964 during High School and I have owned I guess 12 to 13 Mini's since.

Jim

I just tried the link to the Mini pics and it comes up saying somethings wrong, I clicked away and came bck and then it worked. I also just clicked it twice and it worked.

Thanks very much Ministate, but I'm still on the hunt.

I'm changing my fleet this year. The Celica is being sold or traded to help me attain one of two goals.

I want to build an 80 or LX as a daily driver/weekend touring. Must be clean enough for clients.

I'm also building a hardcore wheeler FJ55 truck cab hyrbrid on an LX chassis. It needs lockers and suspension.

I haven't listed yet but will after I find the daily 80. I have a HZJ73 that is in phenomenal shape and is well built. This will be sold to finish the mods on the 80.

Cheers,

John

Lots of interest but no commits yet.

In answer to a past PM - no there's no air con.

Actually the car also doesn't have power steering either. However, its geared right and you never notice - handles like the sports car it is.

Some interior shots

018.jpg

023.jpg

020.jpg

011.jpg

Lots of interest but no commits yet.

In answer to a past PM - no there's no air con.

Actually the car also doesn't have power steering either. However, its geared right and you never notice - handles like the sports car it is.
PM me your contact number ...cant find your email addy..intersted for the celica

All current PM's responded to.

I am getting numerous inquiries but no one has pulled the trigger yet.

Still open to cash, trades for lockers and suspension, or partial trade on a 80.

Cheers,

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom