For Sale HDJ-80 “Arctic Truck” for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow I cannot believe your selling it after all the work you put in!

Good luck with the sale

I have ridden in this truck and it is worth every penny Haffi is asking. All the little custom touches are well done. I wish I could buy it.

More pics! More Pics!

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

At first the fiberglass upper tailgate was painted with wrong color (mistake that the paint shop took care off)

IMG_5480.jpg

Driving on snow

IMG_5488-1.jpg

Stuck in snow

IMG_6344.jpg

This is what a rebored 1-hdt engine block looks like

IMG_6356.jpg

1-hdt with fresh pistons installed

34.jpg

The bike rack that comes with the truck

ugg 4 more years and it would be legal to import to the US.... it is legal for Canada though.

Buy it now, enjoy looking at it in your driveway for a few years and then register it ;) Sounds like a plan to me :beer:

Couldn't even get it out of customs.... most likely they would destroy it or send it back.

haffi said:
That is a stupid system.

Perhaps some lucky man from Canada buys it.

Perhaps with all this climate change there will be an ice bridge this winter and someone can drive it to canada ;) glwts!

That is a stupid system.

Perhaps some lucky man from Canada buys it.

Agreed.... but hey not much you can do.... there are ways around it though but it costs $$$$$$$$

You may also want to put this up on expeditionportal.com

Hey, this car is LHD! That means it can be legally imported to the us

21 years for epa
25 years for dot (will pass dot if its LHD)

Sweet ride

I didn't even think about that. Nice catch TOR. You should buy it and use it as a loaner for your shop:flipoff2:

Hey, this car is LHD! That means it can be legally imported to the us

21 years for epa
25 years for dot (will pass dot if its LHD)

Sweet ride

R u sure about that.... that is the first time i've seen that ever :confused:

Either way i'd still need 4 years to save teh $$$ for it...... I do hope it makes it to the US

This is an excerpt from the overview of import rules direct from the EPA

3.1 Vehicles at Least 21 Years Old

A vehicle is exempted if it has been 21 years or more since its original production year and it is in its original unmodified condition. Vehicles in any condition may be excluded if they were manufactured prior to the year in which EPA's regulations for the class of vehicle took effect. Vehicles at least 21 years old with replacement engines are not eligible for this exemption unless they contain equivalent or newer EPA certified engines and emission control systems. Upon entry, the importer must file an EPA Form 3520-1 with Customs and declare code "E" on the form.

Since the car is LHD, that means it will only need new DOT approved blinkers, and lights to be eligible for import

This is an excerpt from the overview of import rules direct from the EPA

3.1 Vehicles at Least 21 Years Old

A vehicle is exempted if it has been 21 years or more since its original production year and it is in its original unmodified condition. Vehicles in any condition may be excluded if they were manufactured prior to the year in which EPA's regulations for the class of vehicle took effect. Vehicles at least 21 years old with replacement engines are not eligible for this exemption unless they contain equivalent or newer EPA certified engines and emission control systems. Upon entry, the importer must file an EPA Form 3520-1 with Customs and declare code "E" on the form.

Since the car is LHD, that means it will only need new DOT approved blinkers, and lights to be eligible for import

If you are sure about that, that is great news. It would be kind of cool if any of you LandCruiser geeks would import it.

What kind of coin would you have to drop to get it into the states?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom