For Sale - 1983 Turbo V8 Diesel FJ60, Kaymar, BFG's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Sale

1983 Toyota Landcruiser in perfect condition with a recently rebuilt 6.2 Liter GM Diesel, Banks Turbo, and NV4500 5 speed Transmission.

This was a long project, involving a body swap, and 100’s of hours in custom work. The original body was found to have hidden problems, which caused me to find a rust free 1989 FJ62, which was then disassembled, and the body was mounted onto this frame. It’s important to keep the 1983 frame, because it allows it to be free of emissions testing.

The benefits of the new body include power windows and doorlocks, nicer dash, cleaner seats, and not to mention no rust.

Engine fires up quickly, and runs very smooth. You can tow massive loads with the diesel torque, and stop it all with GM Hydroboost brakes. Tires are new BF Goodrich 33’s, mounted on wagon wheels. The rear bumper is from Kaymar, and has the swingout tire capability (I don’t have the carrier, but the spindle is there).

http://picasaweb.google.com/torski/60SeriesBuild#

Asking price is $12,500 OBO
Located in Seattle, WA
email me at torski (at) gmail (dot) com
Cruisers 001 small.jpg

Last edited:
Druel...

OH MAN X2 on the DRewl Factor, BUMP

Do you want to trade for a built 97 FZJ80 with low miles

Ultimately, I would consider any trade, as long as the cash value is the same. I'm looking to unload one vehicle, so I would end up selling the trade in anyways. Can you send me some more info on the FZJ80?

-Tor

What kind of mileage do you get with it? Why after all this hard work and an awesome setup are you getting rid of it?

sweet color, looks like a nice conversion too. bump for a bitchin ride...

I'm getting about 18 mpg average, and up to 20 on the highway. Those mileage numbers are when easy on the skinny, and I get slightly less (17 avg) when I drive it with reasonable red light madness.

Hi All:

Tor built this rig when he had a VJ40 trail rig he needed to tow to the trailhead.

"Smokey" worked fine towing the VJ40 the last wheeling trip we took (in September 2008.)

The VJ40 is gone now, and he now has "Bob," his FZJ80 trail rig, so no real need for "Smokey" the 60 Series.

So, a diesel 60 Series in clean shape with a lot more power than the typical BJ or HJ60.

Regards,

Alan

------------------------------------------------------------------
<snip>

Why after all this hard work and an awesome setup are you getting rid of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom