Wtb 81-89 fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife and I are missionaries to Liberia, West Africa. Liberia is the country we founded when we set free slaves in the U.S.. It has some of the worst roads in the world.

We were looking for an FJ, when we met a group of 26 awesome guys from the LeTourneau University's Auto Club. They said that they would help rebuild an Fj. All we needed to do was to help find one.
For about 2-3 months we have looking for one with no luck. Maybe someone has got one

We need:

81-89 Fj
Virtually rust free body-don't want the frame to crack after spending money to ship it

Engine and Transmission we are going to convert to Manual and Diesel. With that being said engine and transmission can have problems.

We are located just east of Dallas in Tyler, TX. We can drive a bit, anyone that has one can you let me know I would love to chat with you.

LB

Welcome to MUD.

You may want to do a little more research before you buy just any FJ60 series.

The FJ60 in the USA came with 4 speed and a 6 cylinder gas carbureted engine. The engine is called a 2F.

The FJ62 in the USA came with an Automatic Transmission and a fuel injected 6 cylinder gas engine. The engine is called a 3FE.

Other markets (Canada and the rest of the world) got the Diesel engines and 5 speed manual transmissions. Thier model numbers would be BJ60 or HJ60 with the manual transmissions. The BJ has a 4 cylinder diesel and the HJ has the 6 cylinder diesel. They are also available in the automatics and, I think, are called the BJ61 and the HJ61.

There are several FJ60's that are already converted to diesel engines in the Vehicle For Sale section. Some have the 3BT Toyota and other have the 4BT Cummins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom