97 Lexus LX450 For Sale $12000 OBO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

97 Lexus LX450 For Sale REDUCED to $11000 OBO

I was referred by a friend to post my car in this forurm. I have a great vehicle that I must sell. I bought it in 2002 as a people-mover (hence the third row seat), not realizing the potential 4x4 that it is. I have not made any modifications to the vehicle so it is ready for someone's imgaination to transform it into a great offroad vehicle.
Location: Monterey, CA (smog check complete for CA registration)
Asking Price: REDUCED to $11,000 or best offer:bounce2:
Mileage: 129,000
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: Tan

Factory Locking Differential
Auto-Climate Control
Cruise Control
Leather
Power Steering
AM/FM Stereo Cassette CD Auto-Changer
Dual Power Seats
Power Windows
Privacy Glass
Power Door Locks
Dual Front Air Bags
Alloy Wheels
Tilt Wheel
ABS (4-Wheel)
Moon Roof
Running Boards
Third row seat

Knowed issues: after reading some of the other posting, I suffer from the common "D" light failure and the telescopic antenna failure. The radio works great, just the antenna doesn't go up and down. Lastly the blower for the AC/heating only has two speeds. Again works great just two blower speeds.
Lexus front small.JPG
Lexus int driver small.JPG
Lexus rear small.JPG

Last edited:
Ting was the guy who turned me onto this forum. I could ask him to give you his opinion or an independent mechanic to take a look at it.

Last edited:
LX 450 ?'s

I spoke with ting about your truck. Is it possible to have a prepurchase inspection at your local toy dealer?? I'm interested in modifying for offroad. Do you have any maintainance history on it? Can you confirm that it has a solid front axle and locking diffs Any specific work on the drivetrain, differentials, gearing, engine? Whats your experience with this offroad? Thanks

I spoke with ting about your truck. Is it possible to have a prepurchase inspection at your local toy dealer?? I'm interested in modifying for offroad. Do you have any maintainance history on it? Can you confirm that it has a solid front axle and locking diffs Any specific work on the drivetrain, differentials, gearing, engine? Whats your experience with this offroad? Thanks
I have not had any problems with the drive train. I have the records from when I purchased it in 2002 and a carfax report is clean. I had one injector shorted out and was worked on from the dealer that I bought it from. Email me any specific parts that you want inspected and I can have my mechanic take a look at them.

I have not had it off road. I have it do some heavy pulling and have had it in some bad snowstorms. It worked like a champ in snow.

Last edited:
What is the D light failure and do you have any more pics??
The "D" light is the small drivers light on the dash between the tach gauge and speedometer. The park, reverse, neutral, etc. lights all work fine. If there is ever a question about what gear you are in, no light means drive or look down at the gear shift to ensure that you are in drive.

Last edited:
I'll be giving you a call this evening at the number you left for me.
Some questions that I have:
Do you have a clear title?
You mentioned heavy pulling (what kind?) - does it have a receiver hitch? (not seen in pic)
Any rust?
Can you either email or fax me the carfax report you have? (970)385-4699
Any pictures of the speedometer showing current mileage?
Pic's of the driver seat (wearing or cracking?)
If you have any other photos that you can email to me of the vehicle, it would be appreciated.
I'll give you a call this evening.
Thanks,
Mike Fletcher

I can test drive again for anyone. I can also take some more pictures if anyone interested. Please pm me.

Just to be clear… I have no affiliation with the seller. Just trying to help fellow mudders, and seller too.

Last edited:

See below for your answers

I'll be giving you a call this evening at the number you left for me.
Some questions that I have:
Do you have a clear title? Yes
You mentioned heavy pulling (what kind?) - does it have a receiver hitch? (not seen in pic) I was moving my kids playset using a heavy chain to the tow hooks. I don't have a hitch.
Any rust? Two spots on the front bumper (smaller than a dime)
Can you either email or fax me the carfax report you have? (970)385-4699 I have it saved as a pdf. I was not able to attach to the forum. How do you attach it using the ih8mud email? Or send me your email address.
Any pictures of the speedometer showing current mileage?
Pic's of the driver seat (wearing or cracking?)
If you have any other photos that you can email to me of the vehicle, it would be appreciated.
I can get you the pictures that you want tomorrow since my camera died and needs recharging.
I'll give you a call this evening.
Thanks,
Mike Fletcher
Lexus driver seat.JPG
Lexus odometer 7-18.JPG

Last edited:
Price reduced

I have reduced the price. After a dozen calls, I haven't had any takers. I just had the regular oil service at the Lexus dealer. Make your best offer!

looks like a nice one.

ken

Thanks, it is a great vehicle but I can't leave it in the garage while I head overseas. I want to be taken care of.

I lowered the price but heading still states the orginal price. Can anyone tell me how to update the heading so it reflects the new deal? Thanks in advance.

My First Post

Yoohoo, this is my first post. Mike, Is the 450 still available. I'm from Hayward, CA and I'm looking for 95-97 LC or LX. Thanks.

Yoohoo, this is my first post. Mike, Is the 450 still available. I'm from Hayward, CA and I'm looking for 95-97 LC or LX. Thanks.
Yes it is. I have one person interested in it but he hasn't made any commitments. Let me know if you have any questions or want any specific pictures. Feel free to email or call. Thanks.

12get12 - I got your email.... I can test drive again tomorrow if Mike is available.

This car doesn't have rust prone factory roof rack, and tow hitch. :) I can test drive again if anyone interested.

Kernalm,

Can you post the VIN? I would like to look it up on car fax. Thank you

Got the VIN from Melaina. Thanks!!

JT6HJ88J8V0175025

Last edited:
If my house sells and you still have this I'm interested. You stated is has factory locking differential, is that front & rear or just center?

The second picture in his first post shows the OEM locker dial so I'm guessing it has F/R lockers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom